Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

Rented "The Prestige" over the weekend, and I really enjoyed this movie. Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale and Michael Caine were quite enjoyable to watch. I loved the storyline with magicians in the 1800's. The back stabbing that goes on and always wanting to be the best. David Bowie was in the movie briefly, but was great of course. The ending was surprising. I would say watch it, you won't be bored and with such a good cast the acting is top-notch. 8 out of 10.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pursuit of Happyness.

Im gonna give it a 7/10, it was a great movie...but it just ended. Some tears, a hug and done. I did like it alot, and it kept me wondering what was gonna happen how they were gonna survive. But i had to love the running gag of the scanner just showing up in random places and he had to chase.

Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny

Gross, revolting, stupid. Basically what I expected. And I mean that in the best of ways. Awesome if you love the band, probably not so much if you don't. And being the loser I am that's already listened to the soundtrack about 100 times, I was able to sing along with the movie. 8/10

I think I need to watch it again, soon. I attempted to get it all watched before my somewhat prudish parents came home, and did not succeed. So they came home during the final twenty minutes involving the Devil, and were less than pleased. So I had to contain my exuberance at seeing Dave Grohl and the D on screen at the same time. Not an easy task, and somewhat painful.

I watched "The Unforgiven" yet again last night. Clint is older but he's still the best cowboy ever! I never thought it was possible to mix a western-style movie with some actual emotions, but he managaed to do it. I give this one 9/10 :grin:

I saw "The Holiday" and "Stranger Than Fiction" recently.

Regarding "The Holiday," light fluff... and I totally see why Peaches loves Jack Black so much. He was very low key and good! 8/10

Regarding "Stranger Than Fiction"... 10/10 easily. What a provoking movie! I loved it. My sister would have hated it. We are total opposites. If you like movies that make you think, you'll like this one. It's even got Will Ferrell - not acting like Will Ferrell. He's really good in this one.

That dude sucks ! He is the most overrated and poorest performing ( for the money he makes ) ' comedian' around . While he's capable of a momentary chuckle here and there , just think of what Prior and others who were actually funny and had to work at what they made put into their work . Comedy/ senses of humor are mostly dead - in the movies , for sure .

Regarding "Stranger Than Fiction"... 10/10 easily. What a provoking movie! I loved it. My sister would have hated it. We are total opposites. If you like movies that make you think, you'll like this one. It's even got Will Ferrell - not acting like Will Ferrell. He's really good in this one.

:bow: I definitely did not expect that one to be so thoughtful and, well, trippy. Whoever wrote that script was brilliant.

Here a list of a bunch of the movies I watched during my hiatus:

Pick of Destiny: 6/10. I was expecting so much more. A few funny moments , but I was disappointed. They should have made it a rock opera.

Shaft!: 7/10. Sam Jackosn be one bad mothaf***a. Lots of swearing by said bad mothaf***a, which makes it even better.

Borat: 8/10. Nice. I like. Pretty funny, a few stupid scences, but some of the things are just so shocking you can't help but laughing out loud.

Falling Down: 8/10. Guy in a white shirt and tie snaps. It has to be entertaining. Good, althoug I did expect a little more.

Analyze This: 10/10. One of the funniest movies I have seen. A bunch of unexpected moments, and De Niro is hilarious.

musical interlude:

Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair,

In 77 and 69 revolution was in the air,

I was born too late to a world that doesn't care,

Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair.

When the head of state didn't play guitar,

Not everybody drove a car,

Was When music really mattered and when radio was king,

When accountants didn't have control,

And the media couldn't buy your soul,

And computers were still scary and we didn't know everything.

Flowers Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair.

When popstars still remained a myth,

And ignorance could still be bliss,

And when God Save the Queen she turned a whiter shade of pale,

When my mom and dad were in their teens,

And anarchy was still a dream,

And the only way to stay in touch was a letter in the mail.

When record shops were still on top,

and vinyl was all that they stocked,

and the super info-highway was still drifting out in space,

kids were wearing hand-me-downs,

And playing games meant kick arounds,

And footballers who had long hair and dirt across their face.

:grin: :thumbsup: