Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw Half Nelson which Ryan Gosling received a best actor Acadamy Award nomination. Gosling plays a History teacher in the inner City. Unfortunately, he has a serious drug addiction. The acting is great and the movie is not dumbed down with stereotypical Urban characters. 7/10. Check it out.

I just watched "Borat" over the weekend. I didn't find it laugh out loud funny, but it had some funny parts. I liked when he went into the fancy hotel all "ghetto-ized". My husband, a former frat guy hated the frat guy part and he thought the naked wrestling was unnecessary. As an experiment of our culture, some parts were pretty eye opening. Goes to show that you can't judge people based on appearances. Overall 6/10

I agree with Edna. "Pirates of the Caribbean" was two hours of my life that I'll never get back. I've watched plants grow, and it was more exciting than that movie. (Of course, I got to smoke those plants when they were done growing, so that made it all the more exciting.) But I could only give that sorry excuse for a movie 4 stars out of 10. I liked the cool looking dude with the octopus-face, but that was about it.

Keith :bow: is slated to appear in the third "Pirates". Now, that one should be cool! :rockon:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I watched The Machinist last night and couldn't get over Christian Bales' 63 pound weight loss for the role of Trevor Resnik; a man so riddled with guilt that he hasn't slept in a year.

Watching this poignant glimpse into the human psyche was disturbing yet entertaining as far as

the "dramatic revelation" genre goes.

I believe one will either love it or hate it. Me, I give it 4 stars.

Christian Bale lost an unhealthy amount of weight for this role by eating only a can of tuna and an apple a day until he was transformed into the human skeleton that you'll surely cringe over in this Hitchcockian noir-fest.

Gotta hand it to Bale for the dedication to his craft.

MSO wanted to see "A Night at the Museum" at the cheap matinee theater. I suggested that we take "The Bridge to Terabithia." It was interesting, to visit primary/elementary school again, with the cliques, bands of baddies, etc. For once a good Walt Disney movie, considering the material. So he didn't "trade them all for a puppy," and found magic in everyday things. 8/10, even for "obsolete children." :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...