Anagram This

bazooka

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently I need to turn in my Queen of Soul fan club badge because it took me way too long to figure this out. And to add insult to injury, I even voted for this song in the last top ten. It's a good thing I'm cute, 'cause I sure ain't smart.

I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You) - Aretha Franklin

I'm too embarrassed to think of a new anagram. I'll need a while to compose myself.

I even voted for this song in the last top ten. It's a good thing I'm cute, 'cause I sure ain't smart ...

I'm too embarrassed to think of a new anagram. I'll need a while to compose myself.

Indeed. It was only due to your vote that the song made the Top Ten.

But c'mon. There is a big enough problem with this thread holding the interest of more than one other person at a time. Maybe your damned cuteness will sucker in some new pigeons.

Aretha and bazooka forgive you.

Indeed. It was only due to your vote that the song made the Top Ten.

But c'mon. There is a big enough problem with this thread holding the interest of more than one other person at a time. Maybe your damned cuteness will sucker in some new pigeons.

Aretha and bazooka forgive you.

Thank you, Aretha and bazooka. My troubled soul is now soothed.

"Oh, I need scary gay hitch hiker" - I Demand A Fern

This was my contribution to the Anagram game, by the way. (Just in case anyone thought I'd posted one of favourite obscure art-rock numbers in the wrong thread. ;) )

So, any takers?

"Oh, I need scary gay hitch hiker" - I Demand A Fern

Or even:

"Scary! I need gay hitch-hiker ho'" - A Famed Dinner

So, any takers?

I've got the name of an artist that fits* but I can't assign a song to him yet from the available letters.

-------------

* provided that the artist is a New Jersey born musician/songwriter who has been around for 30 plus years, done some TV and movie scores, and is pretty much a non-entity celebrity-wise in the US (at least to yours truly), but has kicked up a little dust in the UK.

I've got the name of an artist that fits* but I can't assign a song to him yet from the available letters.

-------------

* provided that the artist is a New Jersey born musician/songwriter who has been around for 30 plus years, done some TV and movie scores, and is pretty much a non-entity celebrity-wise in the US (at least to yours truly), but has kicked up a little dust in the UK.

I think you may have the artist; you clearly know more than I do about him. I had assumed that he was alot more famous over there than he is over here; he isn't exactly embedded in the public consciousness, despite having a couple of reasonable-sized hits...about 30 years ago...

Edited by Guest

Forget it. Just forget it. Forget I ever darkened the doors of the "Anagrams Forever" thread.

Got the chuffing title wrong, didn't I? :doh: :doh: :doh: :blush: :blush: :blush:

The hours I spent working out that *%$^£"g anagram, too.... :doh: :doh: :doh: :crazy: .

Profuse apologies.....I'll get my coat. :blush:

....but not before I leave this (revised anagram)

"Real Dog Which Kills New Article"

• 2 weeks later...