Sign in to follow this  
miamisammy29

OLD 55s QUIZ

Any correspondence will be used as toilet paper.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hah! That'll learn 'em. I wasn't trying to be a point thief, but the question did specifically stress BOTH DUDES.

And just for the record, I apologized to Brad through private message. I was just joshing him with the "Master Fender" comment. I truly meant it as a joke. That is all. I hope I offended no one else. If I did, I apologize to them also.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :doh: :doh:

That must be the right answer, Katie... that´s Cissy Houston´s band and I guess the relatives are Dionne & Whitney.

OldFif, next time you post a pic of the Beatles (or Bowie, or Byrne, or any easy one...) I´ll be there to guess, I sweare it!! :laughing:

I get the hard ones lately... or I´m not often home... ::

Ladies to the fore ! Nice to see you Elvish.

Question 2. Is it The Sweet Inspirations? I am reading a book about Elvis's career at the moment.

:coolio:CONGRATULATIONS KATIE!!! WELL DONE. 5 POINTS :coolio:

The Sweet Inspirations, with Cissy Houston as Edna said. Their only Top 20 Hit was titled "Sweet Inspiration". :)

Q3...in common...Puppet?

elvis..puppet on a string

5th D..puppet man

jones..puppet man, Young New Mexican Puppeteer

:coolio:CONGRATULATIONS LAURIE!!! WELL DONE & 5 POINTS TO YOU. :coolio:

Puppet it is, and they were all Top 40 Hits for them. Funny, Tom Jones' version of Puppet Man didn't chart here, being outsold by the 5th Dimension, and I didn't know Elvis did a version.

:headphones:

Val and I have a few things to do today so I won't be around for a while. I'll try to find a Quizpic and pop it on. It's difficult to find one that's not too hard or not too easy. I thought David Byrne and Peter Gabriel looked a lot different in that 1989 picture. And if I hadn't given the clue of "a couple of GIRLS" I wonder if the Weather Girls would have gone off yet? (not taking away from Kevin -maybe he knew it).

Hi Brad and Bazooka too.

Frijid Pink?

:coolio:CONGRATULATIONS jr !!! YOU GOT IT. 5 Points to You. :coolio:

Their one big Hit in 1970 was a cover of the Animals'"House Of The Rising Sun".

I'm just on the way out. I'll try to put some new questions on later.

:)

Yes, where are all those other people who said they'd participate in the Quiz? I hope Joe is OK? I'll send him an Email.

Here's a NEW QUESTION:

Who's this 70s Group ? They were successful worldwide.

4.jpg

Hope it's not too difficult. Good Luck. :)

Yes, where are all those other people who said they'd participate in the Quiz?

i keep coming and checking the questions but they're all too hard for me and i have exams right now so don't have the time to google! but exams finish thursday so i hope to participate from then on!