Best Concert You've Ever Seen

TheLizard

I hope this isn't a repeat thread. I don't think it is, so I thought I'd throw it out there. What's the best concert you've ever seen and why? For me, obviously, it was the Stones show I saw in October, just for pure energy, the great outdoor atmosphere, and the fact that it actually made my life better. Of course, I have Clapton to look forward to in March.

Mine was The Stones last April. Just cause it was so energetic...and because they are my favourite band of course.. :)

I missed Eric Clapton a couple of nights ago because the tickets sold out. :( My dad went though. I was so jealous.

I also missed Roger Waters last night because he didn't come to Wellington.

Edited by Guest

The second Stones concert I saw, in 1982, was amazing. The J. Geils Band opened and they were amazing too... :)

The Psychedelic Furs did a sound check in the 80s and then a rehearsal for a show on TV. I swear the rehearsal was one of the best concerts I ever was, we were ten people there...

Violent Femmes are always good. Elton John is unbelievable on stage. I saw Eric Clapton in 1976 and that was too much. Ultravox in Paris. Prince, Madonna and MichaelJackson, boring. Bob Dylan sang for two hours non-stop, it was like he played "la Bamba" for two hours and I was so :happybanana:

Lou Reed in London, Paris and Madrid...

I was very lucky, I saw almost all the bands and artists I love... (and hundreds of concerts of bands I didn´t like that much... ) except Patti Smith, The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Seger, Jefferson Airplane and The Cars. I saw David Byrne many times but not The Talking Heads. But don´t forget it was my job... :shades:

look at the stones... i remember them from when they started...and you will remember them when you're old even if you never get to see them in concert.. i'm sure you'll still be talking about and listening to new songs from today's up and coming stars, when you're our age... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Radiohead at a tiny club when "Pablo Honey" came out. Thom Yorke called some people "bloody skullcaps" and left the stage for a few minutes. They were still amazing.

Paul McCartney a few years ago. I was in the room with a Beatle, and when he started to play "Getting Better" I wet myself.

Aimee Mann at a small theater. I love her.

King's X, every time.

Cowboy Junkies at another small theater.

Those are all tied.

The most memorable one must have been the Hollies in 1965. Great concert! The huge hit by them in Sweden that year was Very Last Day and they did a great version of it while the audience stood on the chairs screaming. I met them afterwords and got my In The Hollies Style-album signed. Allen Clarke Clarke borrowed my bicycle and took a ride into town. 15 minutes later he came back with 2 girls and they all disappeard into the motel on the other side of my house where they stayed.