Have you seen me? II

Shawna

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how are you supposed to get experience when they always ask for experience?? bah!

I used to wonder the same thing when I was younger. It just didn't ever make much since to me. To be honest it still doesnt. It's to bad they don't have more apprentice programs so the experience issue isn't such a problem.

you'd be glad to know I just did. I have plenty of free time now, what with looking for a job and all. sitting at home all day is great ....

Hmmm... not the situation I'd conjure up for ye, but it's great to read from you nonetheless. Don't feel too discouraged. It took about 8 months for me to find a job. A classmate of mine also had to wait about 8 months for the same kind of job. But she still kept her eye out for other openings and, one year later, she got another job that pays more, is less stressful, and is a coupla miles from where she lives. I tells ye, when it rains - it pours :beatnik:

I have a stupid PhD though, you know, what else do they want??? I sometimes wonder why I even bothered...

Hello, Rachel!! :):) So glad to see you around...

You´ll find something, I´m sure, though it might take some time. Your PhD will eventually open doors for you... wanna bet? ;)

I heard it´s not easy to find a job in Europe by now... be patient, enjoy laziness -yes, Iknow, it´s not easy- and post... :grin:

I am looking for a new job too... and I´m 52... :stars:

thank you everyone for your nice words. I will try not to complain too much about it but as you can imagine, I'm not in the best of moods.

Oh and not yet Dr. Rachel, I have my viva (oral exam) in a month, after that I will officially be Doctor of Philosophy

No wonder you're unemployed - who needs a dissertation on Locke , when they just want you to sell , baby , sell !

No wonder you're unemployed - who needs a dissertation on Locke , when they just want you to sell , baby , sell !

well actually, doctor of philosophy does not mean you did a PhD in philosophy. so you comment should read, who needs a dissertation on Vav1 when they want you to sell. And I am looking for a job in writing and publishing, not selling bleh! I actually just got an e-mail asking me to write a chapter for a science book and act as their editor, which is bizarre given that I can't get a job in the field!