Have you seen me? II

Shawna

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did go on her Myspace to say hey, and she hadn't checked in for the previous 2 weeks or so. Her message said, "One or the other baby has hold of my left leg while the other has hold of my right... at all times." So I figure she's a dern busy girl.

Nam, I'm "threatening" a ban because you stated about 2 posts ago that my suggestion that you both take a break and breathe would not help anything, that the animosity would still be there. What else is there for me to do?

Talk to each of them privately about it, which I suppose is no longer a concern in my case, anyway.

Now I'm an avid fan of Kevin's and I like Haggy too, and having said that, I' don't see what was so wrong. I've provoked/been provoked by Namahage (and Kevin) before too, just like lots of others, so what's different now that people are talking about bans? Things weren't any meaner now than they usually are and I don't think Kevin and Namahage are particularly well-known for their seriousness.

(seems like the discussion is over already but I got here late so please let me add my two cents all the same)

staying up til four in the morning is homework for musicians

and part time jobs have a lovely habit of not starting til five pm.

I have scattershot lyrics to post for hours

lyrics that if read, really shed some light on the pointlessness of everything going on on the board right now.

Well , then you just share your long life's worth of wisdom with us then ...

Something about the value of hanging out at 7-11 with one's friends , or playing Warcraft wasn't it ?! :D Sing those blues ,baby ! :cool:

Edited by Guest

we spoke of latent causes, sterile gauzes

and the bedside morale

we traipse around the table talking sentences

so incomplete... please! plea!

boys are dying on these streets...

A long life, hardly

wise, perhaps

It's odd

so many old folks enjoy the wisdom and sounds of those in their early twenties of long ago

but not those of the present.

Generation gap, dude.

Kev and Nama...here's the thing. Your sniping back and forth is irritating other SFers, even though it may not irritate either of you. So cut it out. It certainly doesn't compliment either of you. Just ignore each other. Act as though the other person isn't even here. That's what I do with folks that I deem unworthy of argument.

There's nothing wrong with some healthy disagreement..especially when worded with civility and wit. None of your posts to each other exhibit either of those traits. With such a disparity in ages between the two of you it is rather odd that neither of you are acting your ages.

If this silliness continues I will just delete the posts entirely.

Would you ? Be my guest ... :D For Namahage you may have to back months though - but that is cool by everyone ( who matters ) here . :thumbsup: :cool:

A lot of work , but godspeed ; it is in the best interests of the site , afterall .

-------

Listen ; I am well aware that it is our young braindead folk that are supporting him as they feel some solidarity with another twit their own age , and that we 'fogies ' are running the show . The simple fact is that -yes , yes we are - for now .

Nothing wrong with that on democratic principles , anyway .

Hey , kids - there's always your Play Stations or i-pods to amuse yourselves with -yeah ?!

I don't need no arms around me

And I don't need no drugs to calm me

I have seen the writing on the wall

Don't think I need anything at all

No. Don't think I need anything at all

All in all it was all just bricks in the wall

All in all you were all just bricks in the wall

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbh_k5GLRuQ

um, no not quite

I can't speak for anyone else under the age of forty

but I can speak for myself

No collectivism here

dig it?

and I thought the whole namahage/redfish/bluefish thing was incredibly obnoxious

I don't know if it was someone that legitimately dumb

or a simple troll.

But Kev, you're brining on the maliciousness in an equal amount

so stop playing saint

It's just

irritating.

Would you ? Be my guest ... :D For Namahage you may have to back months though - but that is cool by everyone ( who matters ) here . :thumbsup: :cool:

A lot of work , but godspeed ; it is in the best interests of the site , afterall .

-------

Listen ; I am well aware that it is our young braindead folk that are supporting him as they feel some solidarity with another twit their own age , and that we 'fogies ' are running the show . The simple fact is that -yes , yes we are - for now .

Nothing wrong with that on democratic principles , anyway .

Hey , kids - there's always your Play Stations or i-pods to amuse yourselves with -yeah ?!

Are none of you mods willing to even read what he said? He has obviously just derided everyone here who happens to be below the age of thirty as if this was some sort of qualifier for intelligence and being able to post here. He calls all of us names, yet not a single one of you is willing to lift a finger to tell him to shut the hell up. You can smell the bias from a mile away.

Do I post insulting entire generations? No. Yet I'm the one who's given "strikes" for using the word (removed) despite the fact that Kevin was using it first. How does that make any kind of sense?

He's also constantly badmouthing us and acting like we only want to support people because of their age. Not only is it ridiculous generalizing with absolutely no base, but couldn't the same thing be said for him? Stop using age as a basis for "maturity" or "rightness," it is as childish as believing that the Moon is made of cheese or that Bjork is a good musician.

Stop turning a blind eye to this. Kevin is the aggressor, and is obvious by his words trying his hardest to get me banned. And since all you moderators can't see to look beyond the fact that he's well-established in this community long enough to be fair, he's going to get it done.

Edited by Guest
removed again

Sweetie, there was a time...in one of your previous incarnations...that I liked you and even stood up for you. But now that you're back I think Scott has it right on the latter: you are trolling. And I have issued another strike for you. One more and you're out for good.

If someone reports Kevin's use of the 'r' word, or if I read it myself, I will issue a strike to him as well. Hell, I banned Kevin on his birthday for offenses similar to what you've just posted. It is childish to come here, to a privately owned site, solely to make headaches for folks who freely volunteer their time while trying to keep it a nice place to be.

And FWIW, I'm over 30 but under 40. Smack in the middle of both generations. Not quite sure if I'm "us" or "them" ;)