• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what was johnnyguitar banned for ?

How long was he banned ?

Did the moderator who banned him discuss the ban with other mods or just think for a moment - "I'll think I'll ban him for a ..."

and call that judge, jury and executioner.

johnnyguitar was a breath of fresh air around here.

So what was johnnyguitar banned for ?

How long was he banned ?

Did the moderator who banned him discuss the ban with other mods or just think for a moment - "I'll think I'll ban him for a ..."

and call that judge, jury and executioner.

johnnyguitar was a breath of fresh air around here.

In a nutshell, and as far as I understand it: he had a bee in his bonnet because he posted a picture in the "Most Beautiful Woman" thread of a beautiful woman, who unfortunately had a nipple peeking through some soap-suds. This picture post was edited out. Meanwhile, elsewhere, there were posts with a picture of some male model-type clearly showing both of his nipples, one of which was in the grip of a small alligator's teeth. (Perhaps understandably) he (johnnyg) was aghast at the double-standards of a public morality that censures one, while being happily entertained by the other. Usually, I feel he would take such an issue in his stride, and if necessary, hold it up to ridicule through the prism of his slyly satirical wit. On this occasion, however, he appears to have over-reacted and unfortunately, may well have voiced his opinion too strongly...

The night in question he was in a peculiar mood and behaving in a way I would describe as "out of character"; it has been revealed that he was banned for rudeness/profanity in the context of a PM, which, given his frame of mind at the time, is quite credible.

I'm not about to excuse his conduct, which may well have been unacceptable. However I can't help being puzzled and concerned. I know he has recently been suffering alot of physical pain, and been trying to give up smoking (since the UK public smoking ban came in). I guess it's possible that anti-pain medication may have clashed with alcohol,(to which he is partial). This, in conjunction with nicotine-withdrawal, might have an unfortunate impact on one's mental well-being. As I stated previously, we exchanged PMs on the night in question and I was concerned about his edgy tone: sufficiently concerned to request that he call me back next day to verify his well-being. (He was not rude or profane in my direction, I might add, but rather at odds with "the world in general")

He didn't PM me: I now know that was because he had got himself banned. However, he seemed to genuinely appreciate my concern for his welfare at the time, which is why I worry that he still hasn't resurfaced, not even to drop me a line.

Well, according to The Seeker, posting on the 12/07, johnnyguitar had been online the previous day. Yet that would have been right in the middle of his week-long ban, since he was banned the night of the 7th. So I don't know whether those "Last Online" things are that trustworthy...

I can't see him being so cruel as to come online and go off again, posting neither publicly nor privately, to at least give somebody, somewhere reassurance of his well-being, given that some of us have clearly expressed our concern.

Maybe it isn't him, that is coming online in his name? Maybe his computer is in the hands of the police, or somebody else...

Or maybe the guy's had some kind of a breakdown that he can't bring himself to talk about...

I could do with some more prosaic explanations, otherwise my mind naturally veers towards unpalatable ones.