Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to get some information about plagiarism in songwriting. I remember something like a song is a plagiarism of another song where there are some... 12? notes? in common... I´m a bit lost and I can´t find this googling nor wiking... I remember when someone asked George Harrison "Is there anything you would change from your past?" and he answered somehting like "Yes... one (note) (line) (?) of "My Sweet Lord"..."

Here's a little bit about the Harrison/Chiffons thing - why he was found "guilty". It appears to be a case by case thing, not necessarily a "oh, these 8 bars are identical" thing.

"The court's tone is almost apologetic in determining that Harrison's use of the melodic kernels of plaintiff's universally popular number, in the same order and repetitive sequence and set to "identical harmonies," compelled it to conclude that Harrison unconsciously misappropriated the musical essence of "He's So Fine." "

Excerpted from:

http://ccnmtl.columbia.edu/projects/law/library/cases/case_brightharrisongs.html

There's a lot of info on this page:

http://ccnmtl.columbia.edu/projects/law/library/index.html

---

Here's another bit of info:

"The motive in documented music plagiarism can range from the subconsciously innocent to the callous indifferent to the notoriously defiant."

Excerpted from:

http://publishing.wsu.edu/copyright/music_copyright/

I see... thank you, das... :cool:

Now, I have another question... I´m cooking a cauliflower... how long does it take to cook it? :P :P :P

Ok, I guess I´d better call my mother or a friend, it´s been boiling for a while and it doesn´t smell good... :P :cool:

Thank you, Joe... but we already ate it... :grin: I boiled it first, otherwise it would be much too hard... and then sort of fried in a pan with olive oil and garlic.

Delicious... :cool:

Next time I´ll try your recipe... I never ate it that way.

Boiling cauliflower , though ? About 5 min, or less straight in the water ( turned down to a low-boil ) - poke it with a fork ( don't sit down and keep posting ! LOL ) - it should be slightly rigid but noticably soft . In a steamer basket ( far superior ) , about 8-10 depending on how large the pieces are and whether your stove is gas or electric .

Der Chef .

Thanks, Kevin... :cool: I let it boil some 15 minutes (it was a big one) and there´s no cauliflower left anymore. We ate it all. Next time I´ll try Joe´s recipe and the next, it´ll go to the oven with bechamel sauce and grilled cheese. :cool: :cool:

Thanks, Kevin... :cool: I let it boil some 15 minutes (it was a big one) and there´s no cauliflower left anymore. We ate it all. Next time I´ll try Joe´s recipe and the next, it´ll go to the oven with bechamel sauce and grilled cheese. :cool: :cool:

I'm assuming this isn't the case , but you didn' cook it whole , did you ? You cut it into smaller flowerettes , right ? ( never assume )

I thought so ! Not 4 pieces ( quarters - poor cauliflower ! LOL ) , but remove the flowerettes seperately from the cob ( you needn't make them all small nor the same size , but use your common sense ) . Discard the main stalk and leaves ! ( but you can cut up a bit of the main stalk - like broccoli ) Think of when you've been served cauliflower and copy for size . Joe's suggestion of frying is fine but he's a Wop and probably frys everything in olive oil with garlic ... :laughing: :laughing: :angel: If you want to dare to do this again -get a cheap steel steaming basket to fit in your pot - you can use it for everything - and will not be disappointed compared to throwing the damn stuff straight in the water ( cover the lid ) ! I hope this helps .

I imagine your husband was quietly laughing his a*s off at your effort in this respect - though I'm sure he loves you still for trying !

:)