Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Jenny, I just read about the potty dilemma. Don't sweat it. I'll bet part of it is a power struggle thing. Your little girl is sensing your desire and frustration, and she's exerting her muscle! AsPeaches said, there could be a little fear there too, though she'll probably not admit to that.I've raised 4 kids, each one very different. In the grand scheme of things, the potty just isn't as important as they would have you believe. It'll happen all in her own good time! :)

We were all having kids at the same time, now we are all going through the potty training thing together! Mya is the same way, #1 but no #2 in the toilet. She will not do it. We tried the same stuff as far as stickers on a calendar and prizes, etc, as well as panties. We are a little stressed because she ideally, she should be potty trained before September for pre school, or she will loose her spot in the class. Getting into a pre school here is very competitive, and takes a certain amount of luck to get in. If she is still not 100% trained, we are going to send her anyway. If she has an accident, we will tell them it was due to stress or make up some other BS story.

Thanks for the continuing suggestions, everyone. I am now trying a chart and every #1 she can draw a star with a glitter pen, every #2 will be a sticker. I am not telling her what the reward will be at the end or when the end even is, I just praise her when she goes and I constantly teel her that she's a big girl who is in control, and that it's her decision.

This morning she said she didn't want pull-ups, so when I asked her what she wanted she said underwear. If she wears underwear to daycare, she has to be two weeks with few to no accidents, so I promised her that when she got home from daycare she could wear underwear, so we'll see.....

I haven't said anything to the daycare yet, but I am ready to rumble!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

You know this song, "Cry me a river" (not the Justin Timberlake one) sung by Julie London, Joe Cocker, etc...

It says:

"Remember, I remember, all that you said

You told me love was too plebeian

Told me you were through with me and..."

What does "plebeian" mean? I´m much too lazy now to call my British friends on the phone and ask them...

Thank you, Farin, :bow: but that I knew... ;) I meant, does it have any other sense? How could love be "plebeian" or "aristocratic"? :P

according to Mirriam-Webster online, "plebeian" is defined:

1 : a member of the Roman plebs

2 : one of the common people

So it could be either aristocratic (as the Romans thought themselves back in the day) or common...

I've been busy on m-w.com today. :grin:

when you talk about love in the most basic sense, I agree, it can't be classified. But snooty people will always feel that their brand of love is better, more blue-blood than the peasants in the valley, and therefore more meaningful.

We peasants, however, realize that, while love comes in different forms (romantic, mother-child, friendship) money-class has nothing to do with it.