Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

now, now, I was simply putting our lovely Farin at ease regarding his question that no one took time to acknowledge. I would never unleash the wrath of my sarcasm on such a pure soul as Martin. You should be ashamed to think it.

Oh, all right, it was a possibility, and if I had any more energy right now I might come up with something snappy, truth is, I'm exhausted and going to bed. So I'll bequeath my evening's sarcasm quota to another... do me proud.

• 3 weeks later...

does anybody know...

I get my emails forwarded to my phone. The other day I opened an email on my phone that looked like it was from a friend and turned out to be what I'm afraid might be a virus email. So I deleted it off my phone, which also deletes it out of my email, so it was never opened from my computer or looked at even while my computer was powered on.

Here's the question:

If it was a virus email, could the fact that it was opened - regardless of how (i.e. phone or computer) still enable it to infect my computer, if it was deleted before my computer ever got powered on?

I'm not positive Shawna but I would think it would have to be opened on your PC.

I just had a box pop up from crystalship.com asking me for a username and password. I was trying to view an old thread. Anyone else ever have that happen?

does anybody know...

I get my emails forwarded to my phone. The other day I opened an email on my phone that looked like it was from a friend and turned out to be what I'm afraid might be a virus email. So I deleted it off my phone, which also deletes it out of my email, so it was never opened from my computer or looked at even while my computer was powered on.

Here's the question:

If it was a virus email, could the fact that it was opened - regardless of how (i.e. phone or computer) still enable it to infect my computer, if it was deleted before my computer ever got powered on?

Opening the e-mail does not open the virus. If you open an attachment or a link in the e-mail, then you get the virus, trojan, or whatever malware they want to install in your computer :beatnik:

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question for any of you Facebook and or Computer experts....I uploaded some pics into my photos on facebook...the smaller pics are clear, but when I click on the enlarged photos they are all blurry...when I go to have these developed, are they going to turn out blurry?...and why are they blurry on Facebook?...I used a digital camera, not a very expensive one, so could it be the camera?...I don't want to waste money if they are going to come out blurry...

I have a question for any of you Facebook and or Computer experts....I uploaded some pics into my photos on facebook...the smaller pics are clear, but when I click on the enlarged photos they are all blurry...when I go to have these developed, are they going to turn out blurry?...and why are they blurry on Facebook?...I used a digital camera, not a very expensive one, so could it be the camera?...I don't want to waste money if they are going to come out blurry...

Do you have them stored in a file on your PC, Laurie? If so, how they look there is how they will print. That is, if the file is of large enough size for the size print that you want, Facebook notwithstanding.

Grrrrr..my pics printed out all out of focus...I only printed out a few to see what they were like...I noticed that there is a switch on the side of it that was in Macro Mode...I guess that's for close up shots...sooooooo all of those beautiful pics I took of The Thousand Islands all came out blurry.... :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone here have any advice on ways to make sure you wake up on time? I've always had trouble getting up on time but it's getting worse and it's causing problems. This is the third day in a row I've missed my first class because I just can't wake up on time. I usually have a total of ten alarms go off in the morning. One every five minutes, yet that still won't wake me up. I try going to bed earlier, but then waking up is even harder. Plus due to the whole having a baby and therefore not being able to do any homework until late at night thing and working late at my job, I don't get many opportunities to get to bed early.

Any advice? This is starting to affect my work and I'm not liking that.