Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

Years and years ago my friends hit a cat. It went under their car, and they thought it was done. Then they saw it run out to the roadside and stop, so they got out, picked it up, took it home, and adopted it. It was totally uninjured.

But since they had run over it, they named it Flat Cat. :grin:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DH said we weren't keeping her so not to get to attached so I just called her the stray. It has been her name every since

We had a dog named the same way Lea. It was when we lived waaay out in the country and was weird the way it happened. Our Irish Setter Clancy disappeared (we had 3 of them). So the whole family walked miles around looking for him, with no luck. The ex comes walking home with a dog following that actually looked like a mix with Setter in him ... absolutely not fullblooded, but closely resembling an Irish Setter. We could not get the dog to leave, he followed all of us everywhere. They don't have Humane Societies or even pounds in the country, and of course, we couldn't find an owner for him. The poor fella was the subject of so many jokes about not being quite up to snuff, he just wasn't pretty, and it seemed nobody wanted him, we wouldn't even name him. We ended up keeping him and his name never moved beyond Dog. We never found Clancy, :P but we loved Dog as well, and he was with us a long time.

After that we also obtained a cat whose name was (rightly) Cat, and 3 gold fish named Fish. :D

Edited by Guest

Well the cats not staying. We told sister-in-law we would take it f it was a she-cat but turns out it is a he-cat so bye-bye Kittie.

Ha Ha got my way after all.

The Stray wants it gone and our Jack Russell wants to eat it so I think It will be better off with someone else :thumbsup:

Tim cats aren't evil their just very independent and only like to be messed with when their in the mood. Kinda like a woman :laughing:

there's a male cat that came around the past two days trying to attack my cats through the glass of the sliding doors. At 6 a.m. I heard him outside with the whole "MAOWOWOWOWOwowowowo" thing and then I heard him hit as he hurled himself into the glass. So I ran out to the living room and both my cats were all poofed up with eyes as big as saucers. I opened the door and chased him away.

He came back yesterday morning same time, same M.O. This time I filled up a big glass with water, opened the door thinking he'd run away - but he stood his ground, and I soaked him.

He didn't come back this morning. :grin:

oooo I got him right in his face, too. He was not a happy kitty. Serves him for throwing himself at my poor defenseless scaredy obscenely lazy and stupid felines. :mad: :mad: One of 'em doesn't even have any front claws! The other one almost lost control of his bowels. :laughing: :laughing:

Both the cats we have are strays we took in. Lucky is 9 years old and Downstairs is we're guessing, maybe 1 or 2. Both are black cats with bright yellow eyes, both were adopted in the month of October. Lucky in October of 2000, Downstairs just last year. Downstairs has his name because he stays in the basement. Don't worry, it's finished and very nice. It's just that he still has his claws and Lucky does not and we don't want any fighting to occur since neither like other cats. Lucky is my little princess, though. She was the runt of her litter so she's a lot smaller than a 9 year old female should be, but she loves to climb up on your chest and cuddle on your neck.

So who's bored enough to want to type up a paragraph or so for the facts link? I don't have time my typings to slow and I'd probably leave out words and stuff like that. I'll send the link and do the rest :D

They good facts but you can't C&P from the site.

Any takers ;)

I would... but I have no time right now. :angel:

Now, it' s true... I wouldn´t mind doing it had it been a year ago or so... but I'm not even posting my 100 posts per day so you see... :shades:

I'll be free in August. If you didn´t find someone by then, count on me. I promise.

Has anyone here ever done an extensive ancestry search? My dad has always wanted to, and questioned me about it the last time I visited. I got the idea of trying to do one for/with him as part of a Fathers Day gift.

I've heard it can be a very difficult undertaking, but it's also the kind of thing I'd enjoy.

I've done them Lucky and they are no small undertaking. It takes years if no one has ever started one.

It can also be kinda expensive. It was years ago that I was working on ours so things may have changed a bit.

I really enjoyed working on our history tho. You'd be amazed at some of the things you learn. If you want to add a more personal touch to it talk to the elders in your family and you should hear some pretty interesting stuff ;)