Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

reading books is the only reason I'd ever get one. And that's just because some books (Like the whole "Game of Thrones" series of books) are so heavy to hold, and too cumbersome to carry around. An iPad would be a great way to be take the weight off (literally) and cuts down on storage... even though I love the actual page-turning of real books. :crazy:

reading books is the only reason I'd ever get one. And that's just because some books (Like the whole "Game of Thrones" series of books) are so heavy to hold, and too cumbersome to carry around. An iPad would be a great way to be take the weight off (literally) and cuts down on storage... even though I love the actual page-turning of real books. :crazy:

If that's all you want to use it for then I would recommend a Kindle. The screen is way easier on the eyes, it's smaller and cheaper.

I've got both and for book reading, the Kindle is great.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ron,

Do you have Windows?

If so, there is a Pop-Up blocker that comes with it that you can turn on.

>Click on Control Panel.

>Double click Internet Options.

>Click on the Privacy tab.

>Check the box that says Turn On Pop-Up Blocker. Click on the Settings tab next to it and set the Blocking Level to either Low, Medium or High. Close the window.

>Click OK on the Internet Properties Window.

Since you're getting it on almost every click, you probably have some adware or malware that got on your computer somehow.

Did you run a malware scan to see if it detects and removes the offending program?

Again, do you have Windows?

If so, you can shut down the program which probably set itself up in your startup folder.

To shut it down, go to:

>Start

>Run

>Type msconfig in the Open box of the Run command.

>Click Ok.

>Click on the Startup tab.

>Find the Startup item that looks like it may be adware or malware and doesn't belong.

>Uncheck the box

>Click Ok.

>Restart your computer.

Ron,

I forgot to add that the steps for accessing the Run box in my previous post is for Windows XP.

In Windows XP, Run automatically shows as a choice to click on when you click Start (it doesn't in Windows 7 or 8).

If you have Windows 7 or 8, the following is how to access the Run command.

Keyboard shortcut:

WinKey + R

(This shortcut works with Windows XP, too. I should have just posted this shortcut to begin with, since it covers all Windows versions).

Type msconfig in the Open box of the Run command and click OK.

Then follow the rest of the steps from my previous post.

Good luck. Kick some adware ass! :susel:

Here is a very good Malware detector that I have been using for years with great results.

The download is from FileHippo.com and it is free.

There is a link on the upper right of the page that says Download Latest Version.

If you decide to install it, be sure to update the program first by clicking on the update tab and then run a full system scan after getting the latest updates.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free Download

Does anyone know of an effective, free, downloadable pop-up blocker that won't alter my existing brower, toolbar or add a bunch of unwanted garbage to my desktop? For some reason I have lately gotten this stupid "static.icmappp ...." pop-up on almost every click of my mouse. It is nuts!

If you have Google Chrome, go get Adblock. It's fantastic.