Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I spent the last week camping across my country on my way to the National Bison Range where I'll be working this summer. It's beautiful, I'm in a little shack on a farm surrounded by mountains and about an hour from civilization. So here's my question, I don't know anything about the civilization - Missoula, Montana - that I'm an hour from. Are there any Songfactors familiar with Missoula who could recommend some sites to see or things to do?

Shawna, about MDM: I must admit this is the first I've heard of them. I usually check out any bands mentioned on the site so if someone introduced them here on SF then I probably missed it.

Are you sure it was a Fishie who made the intro?

Anyway, I'm glad you asked because it prompted me to check them out and they're pretty cool :rockon:

And in fact, Farin, I thought it was you who had mentioned them.

No sorry, that's not likely... with Last.fm statistics I usually can tell if I know a band or not (even if I'd mention them once and later forget about them again ;) )

So I spent the last week camping across my country on my way to the National Bison Range where I'll be working this summer. It's beautiful, I'm in a little shack on a farm surrounded by mountains and about an hour from civilization. So here's my question, I don't know anything about the civilization - Missoula, Montana - that I'm an hour from. Are there any Songfactors familiar with Missoula who could recommend some sites to see or things to do?

I lived in Missoula for 6 weeks back in 1974 with my first wife. We ended up there while caravaning around the Pacific Northwest with 3 good friends looking for 20 acre parcels to settle. Everybody else settled in Spokane and we soon joined them and ended up buying land an hour north outside of Springdale, Wa.

If you love the outdoors, Western Montana including Missoula is for you. Gateway to Glacier National Park. There's backpacking and fishing except you have to respect that you're in Grizzly Bear country.

Even though we bought 20 acres north of Spokane, we would always do our yearly backpacking trips in Western Montana (Cabinet Mountains, Bob Marshall Wilderness).

North Central Idaho has The River of No Return Wilderness area with the Salmon River.

The summers are fantastic, but don't stay the winter if you don't have to.

Got a question for MC ,our local sport's betmiester ( or anyone else that follows this and understands ) :

I recently started to subscribe to the NY Daily News App , and one of their features in the sports section is giving 'the line ' on sporting match ups . Now I get when its showing a point spread between two teams like 4.5 points , etc . or even the over/under . However , many match ups show a schematic I don't understand at all . Let me give an example :

Today/Baseball :

Favorite: Line: Underdog: Line:

at Toronto -140 Washington +130

New York - 110 at Atlanta +100

-----------------------

NBA/ To Win series:

Oklahoma City -160 Miami +140

What do these numbers mean ?

Edited by Guest

Got a question for MC ,our local sport's betmiester ( or anyone else that follows this and understands ) :

I recently started to subscribe to the NY Daily News App , and one of their features in the sports section is giving 'the line ' on sporting match ups . Now I get when its showing a point spread between two teams like 4.5 points , etc . or even the over/under . However , many match ups show a schematic I don't understand at all . Let me give an example :

Today/Baseball :

Favorite: Line: Underdog: Line:

at Toronto -140 Washington +130

New York - 110 at Atlanta +100

-----------------------

NBA/ To Win series:

Oklahoma City -160 Miami +140

What do these numbers mean ?

Kev,

those are moneylines. The team with the negative number is the favorite. If both teams have a negative number...the team with the largest negative number is the favorite.

In the Toronto/Washington example:

Toronto is -140 so you have to bet $140 to win $100. But if you pick Washington, for every $100 you bet you win $130 (remember the positive numbers are the underdogs). Does that make sense?

Lucky, not sure of the condition of the pics, but try a cloth touched to a small amount of liquid silicon on the corner of one that is least consiquential. If the paper is right, should work to clean it.

Thank you Ron - I picked up the stuff, haven't had the chance to use it yet, but I'm anxious to give it a try. :thumbsup:

Dear Computer Genius Songfactors:

I have a satellite enabled(?) laptop. I recently took it on a camping trip (I know, loser) and, probably obviously, could not get email with it. I also have an EnGenius EUB9603H, not yet installed, which I was told would allow me to connect anywhere I ever went.

However, I looked up the EnGenius stuff and according to reviews, et., I have to have an outside dish on the side of my RV and about $5k to spend on it, plus $100 a month for dues or something.

First things first. I'll have to sell the farm to buy an RV.

But outside of that, when I'm in a little fishing boat out in the middle of a lake in the middle of the wilderness and I absolutely positively have to check my email, how in the hell do I do it? Is it even possible with the setup I've just described?

yeeeahhhhh.... the iPhone didn't get coverage out there, either.

I had some work I needed to get done and packed all the stuff thinking while everybody was out on the lake, I'd stay back and get my stuff done. No such luck. I was forced to go have fun on the lake.