Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

My husband has an iPad. Basically, it does everything an iPod touch does, but it is bigger. You can download books from either iTunes or a free Kindle app. It's basically a tablet computer, but without a separate keyboard. You can take and store pictures, download and listen to music on it, receive and send e-mails and search the web.

It doesn't have phone capabilities, but you can use Skype or Facetime. For reading, a Nook or Kindle fire is cheaper...this is more of a laptop. There are some apps included in the purchase price, but most you have to get. Fortunately, many of them are free

Hope that helps, Shawna. Let me know if you have any more questions.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what you're going to use it for mostly Shawna, but I have both a regular kindle (still read books on it) & the Fire. The Fire does everything that I personally want a tablet computer to do. You can't write a book on the Fire, and you don't have all the standard computer programming that you'd find on an Ipad, no phone, and no camera. But, it's really for entertainment purposes. For accessing/surfing the web, email, books, music, storing photos and games it's great, and I'm dearly in love with mine.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My nephew does the first example, "Glo'al" instead of "glottal" or "gloddal," even. I've heard a lot of people pronounce words that way. But as far as replacing the final "t" in a word with nothing, I'm guilty of that when I'm feeling lazy.

Ok.... now I am on the fire ... is that what you have?

New paragraph... do you see the arrow to the right of the spacebar? Tap once for a new line.

Tap twice for a new paragraph. Ham! Good grief. I typed the word (B) am and it autocorrected it to ham. :D

EDIT: ok back to the pc ... :laughing: you'd better watch the words you use & the autocorrecting - if I hadn't looked closely I wouldn't have even noticed my Ham! :laughing:

Edited by Guest
Ham! for Bam!

• 4 weeks later...

Twas not fromj me, sorry. :P

But Shawna, I've got a question for you, or Ron, or anyone else that may know. I'm going to create a grouping of vintage family photos that we have. Some of these photos are 100+ years old. None have any nasty substances on them, but just due to age and accumulated dust & dirt they really need to be cleaned.

Thirty years ago when I was in the business we used denatured alcohol to clean both film, negs, and prints themselves. I'm worried that it would be too much for these old photos. It's also hard to find anymore. What about Pec-12 emulsion cleaner? I've heard it's good, but really strong. Any ideas?

I have no clue, Lucky. My BH (better half) was a professional photographer for years, but that was long before I knew him... and probably over 30 years ago. :crazy:

I might ask him anyway, just to see what he says. ;) Meanwhile, I'd go with what our resident pro, Ron, says! That's the best advice available to mankind, IMO.

Now, about My Darling Murder... anyone?