Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

I've always been a "roll out of bed at any hour" kind of guy. I can get by easily on minimal sleep. However, I think the key is getting out of bed. Do the alarms wake you and keep you awake or do you sleep right through the alarm ringing? If you notmally turn the alarm off...make sure it is out of reach and you are forced to get out of bed...then don't get back in the bed.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that's what I would have suggested, as well - moving the clock away.

Maybe in your case, you should have several clocks set a few minutes apart, loud alarms, all of them out of reach, then when you turn one off and go back to bed, the next one will go off and force you out of bed again, and repeat that 3-4 times. You can get very cheap alarm clocks at Walmart. :)

The sleep habits of people are very unique and personal. What is normal for one person is not normal for another. I went through years of insomnia; three four hours a night at best and I showed no real ill effects. I wasn't tried or irritable the next day. My habits have changed a bit and now I sleep about 5 and half hours a night, but that's it. I get up the same time every day without an alarm (although it is always on just in case).

You've got so much going on when you're awake, you simply zone out into a really deep sleep. don't feel bad about the tricks...after a while it becomes routine and you'll feel better about getting up in the morning.

Look,you just have to adjust...the baby and yourself will finally pick out the timetable (I'm not kidding)It takes time.Take a nap (whenever you can)Do the alarm clock thing,but always remember that what wakes you up also wakes up a baby ;) If I was going to be a smarta$$,I'd tell you to put on "For Those About To Rock" I did it and it didn't work :) I'm just telling you this because I've been there and done that...The bottom line is...It's just not YOU anymore. :cool:

And BTW I only say this because I have had 3 girls and 2 twins.It's just life :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Computer question:

This is going to sound strange, but my MacBook has been doing some odd things. Today, I shut it down and when I turned it on all I got was a blank blue screen. My initial thought was that my hard drive had failed (it's done that before) but then a notice popped up that always pops up that tells me my hard drive is getting full. I was able to click on it and close it. I was also able to move my mouse around, however all I see is a blank blue screen. The volume buttons make the computer make noise, the screen brightness worked.

Then I just started hitting buttons and I hit the "play/pause" button which takes me to iTunes usually. A thing popped up saying iTunes couldn't be opened, which happens sometimes just cause it's iTunes. But when it did pop up, the bar at the top of the screen showed up so I was able to click on the Apple icon and click "Recent Items" and even open up Safari. So it appears that I can access things and that my hard drive has not failed, as I initially thought. But I can't access anything via my dock or desktop because it's still just a blank blue screen.

I know this is an incredibly specific problem, but does anyone know what the hell is going on with this computer? I'm baffled.

to all you amazing cooks out there: I need a recipe interpretation... it's for Bread and Butter Pudding and it says (after mixing various ingredients, etc) "cover with aluminum foil and bake in warm bath for approx 60 minutes at 350" blah blah.

WTH is "bake in warm bath"?? Do I fill a pan with water, put the pan with the pudding in it in that pan, and then stick the whole thing in the oven?

cool... thanks!!! This I can do.

Now my only problem is the vanilla sauce recipe calls for 4 ounces of sugar, then 9 ounces of egg yolk, then 4 ounces of sugar (again). And then in the instructions it says to "heat (various ingredients) and half of the sugar." Now... is half the sugar 4 ounces? Or is the second 4 ounces an error and half the sugar is actually only 2 ounces? These French chefs. :doh:

• 2 months later...

I hate that I'm so ignorant about modern technology!

Can someone please explain the iPad to me? In your own words? I have looked and looked for an explanation about the things it does and why I need one, but all I get are technical descriptions. I still don't have a clue.

Does it make phone calls?

Does it browse the Web?

Does it send texts?

Does it send/receive emails?

Do I need to pay lots of money for everything I do on it, or is stuff included with the purchase price?

Does it have a monthly service fee?

Can it download books to read?

:crazy:

I have no idea either Shawna...My kids got me a 4g mp3 video player, plus it's a camera too...She just came over the other day to give me a lesson on it...LOL..I'm not good at this technology stuff...then the youngest daughter gave me a slideshow picture frame type of thingy, I haven't even attempted that one yet...