Kevin

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, this is weird, and I don't have a clue what it could be .... youtube videos will not load on this computer. The audio plays fine, but we just get a constant "loading" message in the video frame. It's only on youtube, and it's every video. All other websites & videos are working fine. :help:

I have been having all kinds of a good time with YT lately :beady: Just ask Farin he knows. What a pain in the behide they have become!!! I was lucky to access the playlist acct. this week and had an even bigger problem with my personal acct.

I am going to start looking into other options for the play list and my personal acct. Dailymotion maybe? Lastfm? I dunno. All I know is YT is becoming more trouble then their worth and their not the only video site on the web. Just in case they forgot :beady:

I had a heck of a time with YT this week BA. I run two accts. My personal one and the playlist. I wasn't sure I was even going to be able to use the playlist acct. this week but finally got in Sunday afternoon. I had an even harder time getting into my personal acct. What a pain in the butt.

As far as I can tell, you have to have a separate email acct. for each YT acct. and you have to link your accts. to google. I don't use gmail but do have a google acct. so I managed to get in. I'm just not real sure how I did it. They say it's a simple process but they can take their simple process and.... Oh yeah, emailing them for help :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I'm going to look into other options for the playlist I think. Anyone have any good ideas? I can't use grooveshark it freezes on me :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question... I'm looking for the Personal Top Tens we made the first time. I mean, when we all made our lists... I found the last ones in the Top ten thread... but no there's no way I can find the first ones..

Any clue?

Thank you... :)

Oh, that's fine, I found it! :grin: Thank you anyways... :)

I shall visit Hamburg and Hannover next week!

Mainly visiting the university and their physics programme (Observatory, DESY) and GEO600 in Hannover.

Beside that, I'll have some time to visit the two cities.

Any touristic tips & hints (apart from the obvious), Martin? ;)

dunno about Hannover, but Hamburg is awesome :)

I guess the city centre ("Mitte") is a given, the Mönckebergstraße is the main shopping street

but definitely check out the Speicherstadt (besides the architecture there are also museums and the world's largest miniature railway, which is supposed to be *very* cool)

Adjacent to that is the new quarter of HafenCity, I haven't been there yet myself, but seeing a whole brand new quarter might be interesting nonetheless.

For the nightly entertainment I guess the obvious choice would be the St.Pauli quarter with the world famous(?) Reeperbahn, lots of restaurants, theatres, bars and clubs, but also several strip clubs, brothels and the like, so don't be surprised ;)

Also on that street there were all the clubs where The Beatles had their first gigs... there's even a Beatles-Square there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7nPmn3soiM

Apparently, we booked the youth hostel which is right in the middle of the Reeperbahn :D

At first we was like: wtf :googly: strip clubs, borthels, sex shops :o

but then we noticed there were many bars and restaurants in the streets nearby.

Hamburg is a nice city, loved the city centre and the harbor... and the Reeperbahn ;)

We didn't had the time for the miniature trains, unfortunately.

Thanks Martin!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

then the correct answer would have been "No" and not no answer ;) it was a rhetorical question anyway, since I already supplied a link to the player's download site... I just thought "hey yo, check that out!" wouldn't have been subtle enough :D

Dearest Farin,

No, I have not heard of Tomahawk. But thank you so much for mentioning it. I read your post with interest before pausing and realizing it's not something I would ever figure out, so I simply went on with my day.

But it was quite good of you to think enough of us to bring it to our attention. We do appreciate you so much, you know.

With much love and respect,

Shawna