Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"emergency" opinions needed, please!

Should a bride who's pushing 50 and who's been around the block at least once already (been married once or more) wear whatever the heck she wants for her wedding... whether it's a frothy white confection or a deep purple prom dress or a black floor-length with silver beading?

Reserving the traditional white for a first-timer, is black totally inappropriate for a 2nd or 3rd-timer? Or any other color, for that matter, or style?

I don't think black would work, unless it's a cocktail party type affair, but still, I think a bride should stand out a little. If white is not an option, then cream, lavendar, light blue, or similar for daytime and you can go a little darker for nighttime.

Wedding Dress Color

By Lynn Lopez

"As little girls, many women played dress-up and apart from being a princess, an angel, or a fairy. Another favorite is dressing up as a bride in white, making use of flowers or even toilet paper to achieve the desired effect. The concept of a radiant bride marching down the aisle and looking resplendent in a pure white is something everyone knows about. And that is why a bride might have a hard time bucking tradition and cultivating a revolutionary style for her gown on the big day.

In the Western world, as well as other regions of the globe, white is usually the color used for a woman’s wedding gown. Mary Queen of Scots is said to be one of the first prominent women to have worn white on her wedding day. Back then, this was a fairly unusual choice because white was believed to be the color of mourning. Still, it caught on and up to this day, white wedding gowns remain in vogue. The color is believed to be a symbol of happiness, purity, and even virginity, which is probably why some old-fashioned minds might be taken aback if a bride walked down the aisle in more colorful garments.

Nevertheless, the trend of wearing wedding gowns in different colors is catching on. Brides are taking matters into their own hands and choosing gowns in vibrant shades, with red probably being one of the boldest choices. Sometimes, it’s just a way to break away from the pack of white-clad brides, but it can also just be a simple case of a bride wanting to wear her favorite color on her wedding day. Whatever the reason, it’s definitely an attention-getting move, plus it guarantees that your wedding will be much talked-about!

If you want to stand out a little but don’t want to put on something too shocking, you might want to consider integrating just a little bit of color in your dress. Try a cream-colored gown or perhaps include some colorful embellishments on your gown like pink embroidered flowers around the hem or a pastel-colored sash. Maybe you could tie a ribbon around your waist, one that would match your motif. Just adding a little bit of detail of your gown will definitely touch it up and although it’s something different, it’s still not a terribly shocking departure from white wedding gowns. "

source

:cool:

IMHO women wearing black has traditionally meant for a women, she is in mourning. Or a Goth :laughing:

But also, the bride is meant to stand out and a white dress is hard to miss. I know it is also considered tacky for a female wedding guest to wear white.

I think it depends a lot on what kind of wedding is planed in the first place. If it's going to be a big traditional wedding unless you really wanna set them on their ear, you almost have to go with white. But, if it's somewhat casual or an outdoor affair, on a ship, or something similar, I think you'd have a lot more leaway :D

I need help!...I'm having computer issues...I was browsing some sites on internet explorer and I get a pop up that my computer is infected...and to click here to scan...but I didn't recognize the scan..it's not one that I have..and I couldn't get rid of it...I restarted computer and I can't get on internet explorer now...I can get to songfacts, facebook, etc...when I sign on to my AOL...but that's the only way...I also notice I can't view any videos or play any games...I did have that flashplayer, but it says to install adobe flash player..I tried but it won't let me...

Any suggestions????.....

Laurie,

Doing just a virus scan is not sufficient enough.

It definitely is a must to do, but you must also perform an anti-malware/spyware scan.

There are many spyware and malware programs that are not detected by anti-virus software because they are not viruses but they can and will wreck havoc with your computer.

Some anti-virus programs also scan for malware and spyware, but not all of them.

Also, not all software will find the same spyware/malware programs, especially the free versions.

That's why it is also best to install and run an anti-spyware/malware program along with your anti-virus software.

There are many out there that are good. I use the free version of this one:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

I usually go to cnet.com, filehippo.com or pcworld.com for my downloads.

I've been using IE forever and I've never had a problem with it as long as I always did frequent virus scans and malware/spyware scans.

I use Norton Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

I've gotton those pop-up ads that you described and it installed it's program on my computer and it took a scan with an anti spyware/malware program to get rid of it.

This was before I knew about them and what to do with them.

Whenever you get these pop-ups, it is important that you do not click anywhere on it, including the 'X' button.

Those pop-up ads redirect you to a website where you can purchase anti-spyware software, but these programs do not eliminate them from your computer and instead may install more harmful spyware onto your system.

You can tell that the program is a fake because the ‘X’ button to close the pop-up is actually a link. When you hover over it, instead of seeing your mouse pointer, you continue to see the hand, which indicates a link and if you click on the 'X' to close the box or anywhere else on it, it will take you to their site and/or install the rogue program on your computer.

If one of these ads pop-up on your computer, instead of clicking on the fake 'X' button, the best thing to do to get rid of it is to bring up your task manager by right clicking in your windows tool bar and clicking task manager, or by pressing control-alt-delete (Windows). Once in the manager, click applications and end task on the pop-up (may be titled Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.)

Many of these programs come with very harmful spyware hidden in its files. This type of program can work to steal your credit card numbers, bank account numbers, and other private information you may have on your computer.

If you or someone you know is computer savvy and you're using Windows, you can also:

click>start

click>run

type>msconfig

click>ok

click>startup tab

uncheck>any boxes that you know don't belong there.

Restart>computer

Only do the above if you know what to look for, otherwise let an anti spyware/malware program do it's work for you.