Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you know about this Tim? :shades: Before you enrolled I mean?

In a school with as much history as Notre Dame, it is no surprise that it has its share of haunts. George Gipp, a legendary Notre Dame Football star who gave the famous “Win one for the Gipper†speech, is believed to haunt the university. A friendly ghost, he is often observed hovering over students shoulders, sometimes giving them a friendly pat, only to vanish when they turn around. While it would appear he is watching over students, the Patawatami Indians that also haunt the school are not so friendly. It is believed that Columbus Hall is built on their burial grounds, and the ghostly warriors are often seen riding horses up and down the steps of the hall as if protecting something within.

:laughing:

I hadn't heard of the Indian ghosts, but yeah the legend of The Gipper is that he haunts Washington Hall because he slept on the steps on a snowy night when he got locked out of his dorm and died of pneumonia. Sometimes I think I feel him trying to push me over as I walk back to my own dorm, but then I realize I'm just drunk.

Dear SF fishies.

You might know I'm on my way to being an Astrophysicist. Today, after 2 weeks of coding, we managed to simulate the solar system, here's a show off pic: :D

aND5v.png

Now that we have written this shizzle, we might use it to play around some more ;)

We already simulated a binary star system, the Tattooine system (cft Star Wars) and an earth-moon system.

Now my question:

Any more cool space-ideas to simulate?

let your creativity flow! ;)

I'm afraid that worm holes require a relativistic approach.

My little laptop already has problems solving basic Newton's equations.

Same for coronal mass ejections, which acquire a sophisticated magneto-hydrodynamics code.

here's a youtube of how it could look like.

This is all far beyond my capabilities :D:P

I might execute your Kuiper belt idea, Martin, if I find some time later on. It can be done, but will require some torough studies of the masses and velocities. not to mention the numerical error my 32-bit laptop builds up after a while. Nevertheless it's a cool idea!

imma try Halley's comet this weekend.

Thanks! :)

anybody know anything about candlemaking? I bought a cool unscented candle yesterday as a Christmas gift, put it in a box to bring it home, and when I got home and took it out of the box it smelled really strongly of crayons. Wax.

Any way to scent an already-made candle? I can't possibly give it to anyone in its current condition - and I can't take it back. It would mean a 2 1/2 hour drive back onto that mountain.... :puppyeyes:

anybody know anything about candlemaking? I bought a cool unscented candle yesterday as a Christmas gift, put it in a box to bring it home, and when I got home and took it out of the box it smelled really strongly of crayons. Wax.

Any way to scent an already-made candle? I can't possibly give it to anyone in its current condition - and I can't take it back. It would mean a 2 1/2 hour drive back onto that mountain.... :puppyeyes:

My lovely Diana made scented candles for years, in our home. I know the aroma producing chemical(s) is introduced very early in the process. I do not think you can effectively add scent (at least scent that will radiate when the candle is lit, as if from a properly scented candle) to a finished candle, unless you remelt and reformulate it. Not worth the hassle.

Some people like the natural wax aroma when an unscented candle burns. :)

"XXX" and "Cheval Noir" referred me here. I'll take those credits and make sure they get 'em :beatnik:

I'll just bet you will. :D

Remember way back when (not many will), we could rate members and their posts? That was weird. I remember being tickled to death when I got a 5 star rating though. ;)