Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

now that I have this new "smart" phone on which I can diddle around the Internet if I choose, is it susceptible for viruses? If so, is there a virus protection for phones? This new technology... sheesh.

I just opened a link that opened right up on my phone, but when I opened it on my computer, my virus protection blocked it and said it was unsafe.

Ask a Sonfactor

that is a question to a Songfactor?

Okay, Salvage artist...besides proclaiming your name, do you have a valid question for;

"Ask a Songfactor?"

I understand, B.S. (bluesky), that it's hard, sometimes, to answer a simple question.

Is there a relative question related to this thread?

I ask because no one has truly participated as of late.

now that I have this new "smart" phone on which I can diddle around the Internet if I choose, is it susceptible for viruses? If so, is there a virus protection for phones? This new technology... sheesh.

I just opened a link that opened right up on my phone, but when I opened it on my computer, my virus protection blocked it and said it was unsafe.

:stars: phones are not safe then...? :P

help! I need to know how to say "Goes with the wind" in Spanish. And I need it yesterday! :grin:

Gracias.

the google tells us Va con el viento ;)

:doh: ...see? I have to browse the threads more often... :shades:

I apologise for not being online when you needed me... :angel:

...and of course, Matin is right... "va con el viento" (if it's many things that go with the wind, then it would be "van con el viento"

You can call me on the phone if it's a matter of life :grin:

I thought you were wise enough to know that I was merely playing with words.

I guess we were both wrong.

(I innocently found it amusing when you said you were a translator while spelling it wrong. I thought you meant to spell it wrong! If you step back and think about it you'll find the coincidence)

• 2 weeks later...

What are you all's opinions on leasing a laptop?

I just heard about this company that does it: you pay a monthly fee, they do all the maintenance and updates, etc., and if it crashes, they transfer all your info to a new one and you just trade it out.

But I wonder how safe is it, and how it pans out in the end... since laptops are expendable and go obsolete so quickly. Anybody have the mental wherewithal to put together the pros and cons and see how they stack up? I don't even know all the right questions to ask, much less answer. :crazy:

Blooofish!! how are you? :)

I would be very pleased to receive a letter from a friend, how can it weird you out? People did it all the time before the internets existed..

Something different:

Hey, can any of you Americans explain to me what this Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear is all about?

The Rally is run by Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, who (if you don't know) are both satirists on Comedy Central. Jon Stewart (who is for restoring sanity) takes a more straight forward approach of making fun of the news and the media and politicians, whereas Stephen Colbert (whose character is for maintaining fear) puts on the persona of a heavily right wing pundit, but taken to an absurd and hilarious level. The point of the rally was to show that despite the media painting America as a heavily divided country where both sides scream at each other, we are actually, for the most part, a pretty calm and rational society, even with our differences.

• 1 month later...