Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, I need :help:

how do I add files from my hd to a post?

Help section: If file attachments are enabled,

when making a post you can click the "Manage Files" link.

I can't find no such link, guess I'm just too

stupid.

Thx in advance YS

it says "IF file attachments are enabled" - and they aren't (at least not in the open forums, you can use some in PTs)

:)

what kind of files did you want to attach here?

I guess it's wiser to store images on a site like

photobucket and post the link.

that's how we prefer you do it, actually, since we don't ever want something hot-linked to our site. So host your image in your photobucket (or similiar) account, then click on the square above the "new reply" you're writing (the one with the little mountain/sun picture, 4th from the left, bottom row) and post the link to that picture in your photobucket account there, and it'll show as an image inside your post.

The MP3s you can only post as links, I believe. I've never tried actually posting one of those...

^ np, yellowsnow :)

I always have to go to preview before I can get the icons to post links or use the other options. Is there maybe something in my settings I have wrong or is it just me again?

you can either hit the "reply" button to the post you want to reply to, or in the box at the button use the "switch to full reply" button... on the other hand there's no real difference to using the 'preview' button too ;)

Does anyone here have a Kindle? Used a Kindle? Or any of the other reading devices (Nook, etc). If so, what do you think of it? I'm thinking of buying one.

How did I miss this? I have lusted over a Kindle since last Christmas when my boss got one as a present. I finally broke down and got one last week and it is fan-freaking-tabulous. I'm a nerd so all I want to do is read books. Everyone I show my new Kindle to has asked, "What else does it do?" Well, what else do you want it to do? Make a grilled cheese sandwich? If you want something colorful and fun and can play games on, get a damn iPad. But if you want something small and convenient to instantly purchase and read books on, I highly recommend a Kindle. Love it!

I live in EBF and the nearest honest-to-goodness bookstore is at least 45 minutes away. Our tiny little library sucks ass. I promise you, this is the closest to literary culture as I'm going to get. And for this, I am grateful.

Sidebar: Didn't Burgess also star in the Twilight ep where he stepped on his glasses and couldn't read?