Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

Google has a lot of information (at least had info) under business. Start here:

http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/services/index_con.html

Thanks. :) I had to order "Google AdWords for Dummies" since I couldn't figure it out from reading up on it. It's good they write books like that for dimwits like me.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sébas... you say 35º??? :shades: I've seen some 40 or 45 degrees in Seville... Yes, wear a hat, drink a lot and take loads of sunscreen... :cool:

And enjoy, it's a magic place!! :thumbsup:

40 or 45 is 35+ right? :P

It went to a max of 43 during our stay, which was.. hot :blush:

I followed most of your advice, except for the hat, becuz I have now a Sideshow Bob-like haircut which could even protect me from falling rocks.

And you were right Edna, it's a magic place!

I'm asking all Songfctors .....

We all agree that it's very quiet around here ..... I myself have been using the break from the Top Ten & the quiet around here to catch up on reading some good books. I know it's summertime, and along with that goes all the summertime activities and playtime. But, it is too quiet and it's a little sad to see SF so dead.

So, for those of you that are around, and bored, I've got a question for ya .... would y'all like to start up the Top Ten again in a couple of weeks? It may be a somewhat limited version until everyone's school & work schedules get back to normal, but we could do it. Up to you guys, please let me know! ;)

I think we should Lucky. A lot of the old timers have already read most of the threads here so... I see so few of the regs regularly posting anymore. I think they need a reason for being here too. I see em all the time on FB but not here so much :(

No, but then you unfortunately, don't play the tt now do ya?

But none the less, we do love when you post. I can't speak for the others but you amuse me no end most days :D

R U on FB BTW? If so I don't have you on my list of friendlies :shades: :laughing:

I had accounts with this same screen name for abot 6 months, but then I got kicked outta spacebook back in 2006 (they said something about me "hacking" and putting "script" on their little website). I remember Earth_Angel, Invisible_R, Ten, and maybe that foxy girl were listed as space friends back then :beatnik:

So maybe you should give it another shot and play by the rules ;)

Has that site really been up that long :o I just joined not long ago and here I thought I was on top of this kinda thing :crazy: :doh:

Edited by Guest

Well, it's been available to the wider public for a few years... since 2007 or 2008. Before that, it was only available to colleges and universities. I originally joined to keep in contact with a few of my uni classmates, but the whole thing came off more like friendship on life support. Nobody did anything interesting or got together to do stuff in real life. So, when they pulled the plug on me, I didn't flinch :beatnik:

These music discussion sites are waaay better than any of those "networking" fads :headphones:

I see so few of the regs regularly posting anymore. I think they need a reason for being here too. I see em all the time on FB but not here so much :(

That's me. I spend one hour or more on FB. But that's cause I get messages and people are posting stuff on my wall... I'd rather be songfacting than facebooking...

recommendations, please, on a new laptop. I have/had a Dell (3 years old) that recently melted down and am now on the market for a new one. I know I will need lots of memory, speed, and I don't really need a bunch of programs, just MS Word and Internet access, plus some custom software that I need for my work.

So... whatchoo think? :) What are the best/most reliable brands, and how much memory is a lot and what do I need to know for good speed on this?

recommendations, please, on a new laptop. I have/had a Dell (3 years old) that recently melted down and am now on the market for a new one. I know I will need lots of memory, speed, and I don't really need a bunch of programs, just MS Word and Internet access, plus some custom software that I need for my work.

So... whatchoo think? :) What are the best/most reliable brands, and how much memory is a lot and what do I need to know for good speed on this?

I'm a Mac guy. And I love my Mac. I've got MS Word on it and Safari is a great web browser though sometimes I like to use Google Chrome. And my favorite part, you can't get a virus on it :D.

Only downside (for someone who's a non-gamer or non-computer programmer) is the cost. But personally, I think it's well worth it.

Dumb question (maybe): if it's a Word document created on a Mac, is it transferrable to a PC? Because my desktop is a PC and I will have to have something that can go from here to there and vice versa.

I like the idea of a Mac... I hadn't thought of that, it's certainly worth checking out. :)