Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know how to convert it. I just don't know how to access it so I can convert it.

I was going to ask Farin but I figured after he already helped me once today, I'd give him a rest.

I can be a real pain in the hiney as you well know :laughing:

I know how to convert it. I just don't know how to access it so I can convert it.

Right click on any song in your iTunes library that you ripped from a CD and click on "Show in Windows Explorer". This shows where all of the .m4a files are stored. They are in seperate folders for seperate artists though, so it will be a long process if you want to convert songs from lots of different artists. This should be all you need to know if you already know how to convert the files. :)

Thank you Chris :D I wouldn't have thought of right clicking in that program.

I would prefer to work with the files in Windows Media player. He is going to want to put them on one of the Mp3 players.

Also, I have ripped from Cd's before and didn't have to convert them. Does that just happen if their put into itunes? Is there a a way to just move the files he put in ituns to Windows Media Player?

Lea, did you rip them using iTunes? Anything else would rip in mp3 most likely so nothing to worry about once you've found them the way chris told you. They may not be organised by artist/album if you've told itunes not to manage your library but once you know where they are you should be able to manage the rest, right?

Lea, did you rip them using iTunes?

Yes he did. I don't know why he did or even why he has it on his PC.

When I looked in the itunes folder it doesn't list them one by one. It lists them as play list only. I'm hoping by doing what Chris told me to do, I can at least find the individual files.

I have to switch pc's so I won't get to this until afternoon most likely. But at least now I know what to do :D

Shawna, download a free Converter.

I'll see if I still have the one I used to use and I'll let you know what it's called.

I just noticed in the YT vids thread, Farin posted a link to a free converter for someone else. As a rule, most converters are pretty easy to figure out :D

I was using DB something or other I think. It was very easy to use. I don't think you'll have any problems using a converter program.

To "cotton" meaning "to get along with"

Yes, but to an ole time fifth generation cotton farmer, "to cotton" meant that the "harvest was good enough to bring to market."

Don't take my word for it, though. I learnt it from a writer's second novel. His name was, "Johnny Cash."

Fair to middlin' wasn't considered to "cotton" with.

lol

I'm having trouble to get in Facebook with Firefox but IE seems to be OK with it. I'm not used to IE anymore... does anybody have any similar trouble?

I only used Firefox a couple times when I thought it would be better than IE, but I did have some problems with it...I'm staying with IE...I noticed Facebook has been having some issues, so maybe it's just the site Edna...

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyone here that knows the workings of YT pretty good since they had to go and change stuff?

We are having a problem with the auto play not working when you leave the tab.

If anyone knows how to fix it and is willing to do so pt me and I'll give you the passwork :D