Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyday is better than the last because one still has the realization that the most beautiful thing imaginable is the perfect simplicity of a sunrise or sunset.

Two totally different things yet neither claims which is more euphoric.

Post Script

The above post was meant for bitter almonds.

I still have not mastered the fact that when I click a new reply to an ongoing thread it always takes me to the first original post.

This causes more confusion for members reading what I think to be a decent reply but it's two weeks old!

Why can't something be done about clicking a new reply just to navigate what is truly an old post?

Not complaining, just observing.

Actually, leave it the way it is, I'm almost used to it after six years of posting here and I'm most likely a few of the ones that notices it.

Songfactors, I realize my posts are usually erratic and eccentric. That's because that's the way I like it.

Once a person figures out another they become bored.

I detest boredom.

...No , just a regular start and after that initial 'skreeeech' I have no problems nor hear it again - except today - you see while normally proceeding down the road , on a slight curve , I heard it again very briefly ( thus my suspicion of the power steering belt and/or fluid ) . What I'm wondering is whether this is an urgent problem , or will straighten itself out ( wishful thinking ) - or something that needs to be looked at eventually .

Kevin,

It could be that your fan belt is a little loose and needs to be tightened.

On the other hand, it could be something worse and Mazda will recall your vehicle and repair the problem.

Maybe you should buy a foreign auto instead of a Japanese model next time.

Glad I was able to help you out before you took the car to the garage. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here know where I'd go to find out what s running in the background on my PC.

Whatever it is it's giving me fits. I went to my processes tab but when I try to shut down stuff I don't want running it said if I do, it will make my system unstable.

The only thing I did today was upgrade my AVG.

Now right clicking is not an option. I am annoyed. Any ideas?

Does anyone here know where I'd go to find out what s running in the background on my PC.

Whatever it is it's giving me fits. I went to my processes tab but when I try to shut down stuff I don't want running it said if I do, it will make my system unstable.

The only thing I did today was upgrade my AVG.

Now right clicking is not an option. I am annoyed. Any ideas?

you probably found the task manager and the running processes already...

and I think it doesn't tell you it will make your system unstable, but that it might do so.

If the process was started from your username it probably can't destroy that much.

A small hint, when you don't know what some program names are, simply google that name, that will likely even lead you some site that will explain if it's an essential program or if it can be stopped.

Thanks Farin. thats a good idea.

I have tried most of the usual things but I can't seem to fix it.

I'm never buying a Dell again. I haven't had this one that long and I've had nothing but problems with it since I've had it.

It acts like it's low on resources and it's loud.. I want to pitch it out into the yard and let the rain have it :beady:

Well it think I discovered the problem.

It was my AVG :(

Just as I thought it might be but I did want to remove it until I tried other things. After my last update yesterday things started going downhill.

Now I need a new virus protection program. Any suggestions?

Norton's conflicts so I can't use it either. as does Ad Aware. I really hate to have to put out more money on another Anti-virus program :(

Know of anything free that will do a decent job?

Everyday is better than the last because one still has the realization that the most beautiful thing imaginable is the perfect simplicity of a sunrise or sunset.

Two totally different things yet neither claims which is more euphoric.

Post Script

The above post was meant for bitter almonds.

I still have not mastered the fact that when I click a new reply to an ongoing thread it always takes me to the first original post.

This causes more confusion for members reading what I think to be a decent reply but it's two weeks old!

It's actually two years old, but it might as well have happened yesterday. I laugh in order to forget... and I've blissfully laughed entire years into oblivion, but I clearly remember that day hahahah :beatnik:

AVAST!!!

I am giving that one a try. I just installed it along with Chrome.

Thanks for the suggestion Levis. It seems to be running fine.

I was very surprised how much faster my system was when I got rid of AVG. It's funny how some of those types of programs can cause so many problems.

Angel just had to remove a link scanner she had put on her laptop. She could only randomly get on-line. I told her to take it off and now her pc is fine.

I was wondering why my PC was working so hard when it wasn't really doing anything. I'm Glad it's fixed now :D