Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks so much for the help Brad! I'm gonna try a few more things and my last option will be a full reset. Actually it's been a few years since I did a complete format. Maybe I should do so, and install windows 7.

I eventually did the format and installed Windows 7. As expected my computer works a lot faster and without pop-ups ;)

If you're into add-ons, Chrome is not for you, although apparently some are available now. But above all Chrome is fast performance and lots and lots of space, no unnecessary tool or status bars. So if you just want a simple, fast browser that hardly ever crashes, I'd highly recommend Chrome.

(yes, I do get paid £10 per post for promoting Google. :P )

I have a question also....when I was having browser problems I downloaded Firefox...I don't see how it was any better than explorer....so if I wanted to try Chrome...do I have to do anything like uninstall firefox and explorer?....or do I just download Chrome?....I have no idea on this stuff....

Depends, Laurie, on your brand name system.

Most high quality computers will have (along with a lot of unnecessary drivel and rubbish) a "recovery" disc. This disc is the one (if you have one) that'll sweep all viruses, trojans/worms or whatever newfangled word they come up with out of your harddrive.

My disc reads "recovery" but your disc might read something different.

It's my last-resort suggestion.

Good luck!

Question for Marc .... Does your father in law still act as well as perform his music? Because I am absolutely sure I saw him on a rerun of Cold Case last night. As soon as the actor appeared on the screen I yelled at Blues that it was your father in law. We waited for the ending credits, but the local station cut them. :P

I'm positive that was him. Kinda cool, even if I don't know the man. ;)