Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do you people have a free day on friday too? :)

Locally, it's either Law Day or Lei Day.

The former celebrates the Judiciary, and I've heard was created during the Cold War in answer to Moscow's May Day parades.

The latter is observed by elementary schools with a Hawaiian royal court, song, dance, and other video-worthy activities connected with local culture. The celebration's date is flexible, depending on the school, from late April through the first week of May.

May 1st is International Labour Day ;) I was joking about the demonstrating, because it's known to become quite violent in some parts (it's sort of tradition for the left radicals to cause some havoc, to put it mildly)

Fin is absolutely right about the temporary Internet files! :)

same goes for the other Temp files on your PC (ie the ones not from your browser)

I'm using the CCleaner regularly to clean up some - it's not unusual to gain a Gigabyte or so on free space when you first use it :)

I actually don't know anything about them, only that they're a 'supergroup' - if you want to call it that

(apart from DeLonge) "the band consists of former Box Car Racer guitarist David Kennedy, former Offspring drummer Atom Willard, and former 30 Seconds to Mars Bassist Matt Wachter"

I have to buy a computer but I have no idea about what to do. Should I buy a laptop or a pc? PCs are cheaper and better and I don´t like to travel with a computer... I love my computer like my cats and my music... home. But I found a very cool laptop and very cheap. It has Windows Vista... my friends say that Vista isn´t good... I´m lost.

edna,

We're looking for a new computer as well. The kids have been complaining about both ours being too slow...

I just put a 1 TB internal hard drive into the newest one, along with upgrading to 4 GB memory and a new graphics card a few months back...

I'm sure you can still purchase Windows XP; with all the perceived trouble with Vista, I know Dell was offering an option to load with XP. This was a year or so ago, so that might have changed.

If I had really simple computer needs, I would probably get a Mac, but the kids are heavy into gaming and I think PC's are better for that application.

I guess you´re right, Mac is better for kids... mainly cause wherever hey click on, they won´t get your compuer infected... :P

I still couldn´t decide about what to buy, I am waiting till the boys find the time to fix the pc... I gave them time till Saturday. If I don´t have my computer fixed by then I won´t pay no more DSL or phone line and I will get me a laptop with my own USB connection.

By the way, my PC is blocked when I try to start it... and it says :"Lsass.exe". Any advice? I heard it´s some virus...

Oh, and thank you all... :)

Edited by Guest
I forgot to say "Thank you" :)

By the way, my PC is blocked when I try to start it... and it says :"Lsass.exe". Any advice? I heard it´s some virus...

Lsass.exe is a windows application responsible for things like which people are allowed to log on to windows, or writing the security log

(Lsass = Local Security Authority Subsystem Service)

I googled, and it seems the Sasser worm is a very possible explanation for this behaviour :P

can you start the PC in secure mode and do a system scan/ anti virus scan? :P