Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a smile of mythic proportions to the person who can tell me who is the mysterious "G.W.R." who wrote the words to "Kneel Where Our Loves Are Sleeping," music by Nella Sweet, in 1867.

Well, I thought I had it. According to this site http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/loc.natlib.ihas.200002569/default.html the lyricist is R., G.W. which would be REVERAND G.W. (which could also be written G.W., Reverend.) I looked and found a lyricist Rev George Washington Doane. Too bad he died 8 years before the song was written....

George Jones or Walter Payton.

Sometimes, there're so many famous names that have done outstanding accomplishments I find myself at times dizzy trying to figure out who I like best.

But that's the key, the one that fits every lock or the one that fits none?

Each is only a turn away.

I did?

Not "you" singular, Marc... "you" plural, as in "you all thought I had kangaroos in my top paddock", "you all thought I was a couple of sausages short of a barbie", "you all have no faith in my innate genius".

I guess I'm just bitter and twisted that my George Washington hypothesis wasn't hailed as a breakthrough moment in SongFactor history ;-)

See ya,

LBB

Traditionally, only mad people stick 'em in the top paddock, Marc. That would be like keeping bats in your belfry, or fairies at the bottom of your garden. Any other paddock is fine.

On another related side note, I bet I could have guessed your kanga's name, if you had told me its initials.

L,

L.

;) well, in Mom's garden, it's just regular plants. She's got it all decorated with a sparkling stream, a mirror to make it look like it goes on forever, sparkly crystals hanging from the trees, gazing balls, and a tiny little park bench. It's a really beautiful sight. :)

It's my favorite section of her entire garden - which is spread out over a 1/2 acre. It's so gorgeous she's had gardening groups do tours through it, and she's designed and planted and nurtured the entire thing all by herself. I think it's the one thing that has kept her going through her recent struggles... she looks forward to getting better so she can go out and tend her garden.

;) well, in Mom's garden, it's just regular plants. She's got it all decorated with a sparkling stream, a mirror to make it look like it goes on forever, sparkly crystals hanging from the trees, gazing balls, and a tiny little park bench. It's a really beautiful sight. :)

I've seen it. It's fanciful, and lovely and peaceful. :bow:

It's my favorite section of her entire garden - which is spread out over a 1/2 acre. It's so gorgeous she's had gardening groups do tours through it, and she's designed and planted and nurtured the entire thing all by herself. I think it's the one thing that has kept her going through her recent struggles... she looks forward to getting better so she can go out and tend her garden.

That's great Shawna....My Dad had a beautiful veggie garden, and roses, and flowers all around the house also....That's nice your Mom has something to be very proud of....it's good that she is doing something she loves, to keep her going....I know it was great therapy for my Dad when my Mom passed away, but then he got ill also and wasn't able to tend to it the way he would of liked to...We helped him out as much as we could....But that garden did keep him going for many years...He really did enjoy it.

I need advice from you male-type people. Anyone who's a teenage boy, who's been a teenage boy, or who has raised/is raising a teenage boy:

Is it normal for teenage boys to be tired all the time? Or at least, whenever they're home... my kid rarely goes out anywhere with his friends because he always says he's too tired, and when he does go out, he comes home fairly quickly saying he got tired. But he says that when he's at school he's fine, and he doesn't feel tired until he gets home.

I don't remember being tired like that when I was 15, but I was never a boy :grin: Is it different? Is this normal? I'm thinking about hauling him to the doctor for a blood test.

I haven't really raised boys but have had enough call my house their other home that I have had a few around.

In my experience most teens go through a "I'm tired" stage and girls are even worse.

But, being to tired to hang out with friends? Now that does strikes me as kinda odd. Most kids I've had around perk right up if there's something fun to do.

A check up might not be a bad thing but it's probably nothing to be alarmed about. It never hurts to play it safe either tho :D

I'm having a problem with my kid as well but she's to old to force her to go back to the doctor :doh:

I don't think it has anything to do with being a teenage boy, as opposed to a girl. Maybe he just doesn't want to go out with his friends for some reason? Or maybe he doesn't get enough sleep, or too much sleep, or he doesn't eat right, or he's growing a lot right now and his body can't keep up... it could be all sorts of things.