Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have that either , but would get a kick out of seeing it again. :) We have a version of Cartoon Network here that may play it next week -I'll have to watch for it . Easter is one major Western holiday that the Japanese pay little or no attention to as far as decorations , programs , treats , etc. Likely since it often coincides with the Cherry Blossom Festivals which everyone takes part in in someway.

I see Amazon has a collection of all the Charlie Brown holiday specials ... may pick that up sometime .

Edited by Guest

I thought Barabbas . was terrific when I saw it at age twelve or thirteen (though I don't think I've seen it since). Stars Anthony Quinn with Jack Palance and Ernest Borgnine. If you can find it, it might be worth a try (I might re-view it myself now that you've put the notion in my head).

Kev, "Jesus Christ Superstar" is my favorite, and I watch it every year around this time. Some considered it "sacreligious" back in the day, but that argument has since silenced after people discovered that the movie is pure entertainment, rich imagery, and music that rocks.

And Zooks said:

I thought Barabbas . was terrific when I saw it at age twelve or thirteen (though I don't think I've seen it since). Stars Anthony Quinn with Jack Palance and Ernest Borgnine. If you can find it, it might be worth a try (I might re-view it myself now that you've put the notion in my head).

Both very excellent choices. Two of my favorites, too.

Every year on Good Friday I listen to the complete Jesus Christ Superstar Album/CD. I've done so for well over 35 years.

Yes, I've been an atheist since I was 14 years old. So?

As far as "Superstar" is concerned along with atheism, my view is that the movie is based on the last three days in the life of a human being, one who had no superhuman powers, nor proclaimed to be the son of any almighty power .. just a man. And that is part of why I love this movie... it doesn't get all religious-like. ;)

Caiaphas: You say you're the son of God in all your handouts. Well, is it true?

Jesus: That's what you say - you say that I am.

I haven't seen all of Jesus Christ Superstar yet. One of my favorite movies is Godspell. Its coolness is outweighed by its weirdness... something I can very much relate to. :D;)

I just found out that the person who made Fiddler on the Roof also made Jesus Christ Superstar. :o

As far as "Superstar" is concerned along with atheism, my view is that the movie is based on the last three days in the life of a human being, one who had no superhuman powers, nor proclaimed to be the son of any almighty power .. just a man. And that is part of why I love this movie... it doesn't get all religious-like. ;)

Caiaphas: You say you're the son of God in all your handouts. Well, is it true?

Jesus: That's what you say - you say that I am.

That's Jesus being a lawyer . Eventually he comes clean :

All the Synoptic Gospels state that Jesus was finally asked directly by the Sanhedrin if he was the Christ, Son of God. Jesus responded, as in Mark 14:60-62: "And Jesus said, "I am; and you shall see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming with the clouds of heaven." (See also Second Coming) - Wikipedia

Now ,I'm not sure why he was messing with them , but I do know that this scene helped add to a world of anti-Semetic misery for centuries thereafter ...

Edited by Guest

That's Jesus being a lawyer . Eventually he comes clean :

All the Synoptic Gospels state that Jesus was finally asked directly by the Sanhedrin if he was the Christ, Son of God. Jesus responded, as in Mark 14:60-62: "And Jesus said, "I am; and you shall see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming with the clouds of heaven." (See also Second Coming) - Wikipedia

Now ,I'm not sure why he was messing with them , but I do know that this scene helped add to a world of anti-Semetic misery for centuries thereafter ...

Kev, we were talking about Jesus Christ, Superstar.

I should have / could have posted this in Q&A but there is an unanswered question there and I don't want to distract from it. I tried to find an answer for her but had no luck :(

My question is, who besides John Mayall and Mick Taylor is in this video?

It's a terrible/excellent video and I love it.

Link

I know I should know this :P

Thanks Lee :D

I find it funny because none of their instruments are even plugged in and JM looks like WTH do they even know no one up here is playing a harmonica :laughing:

They all look so very amused. The poor drummer is doing his best not to just bust out laughing. Gotta love it :D

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where on the Amazon site I would go to re-download music I have bought from there.

Can I even do that? Is there some place that will tell me what mp3's I have purchased in the past?

I looked in my acct. info and didn't see anything.

I lost a lot of the music I bought from there when I lost my HD. I hadn't put them on CD's yet :doh:

Can I download another copy of my MP3 files after the initial purchase?

Your Amazon MP3 Music purchases can only be downloaded once. After you have successfully downloaded the file to your computer at the time of purchase, we recommend that you create a backup copy.

We are currently unable to replace any purchased files that you delete or lose due to a system or disk error. If you encounter a problem with an MP3 file immediately after purchase, please click the Customer Service button in the Contact Us box in the right-hand column of this page so we can determine how to help you.

Link

sorry :crazy:

Am I mistaken, or do the initials G.W. often stand for George and Washington, which are common Christian names among patriotic American familes? I know that a famous recent G.W. suggests otherwise, but I reckon George Washington Someone would be a good first guess.

Just thinking out loud...

LBBB

:laughing: I have not once ever met a person named George Washington anything. But I admire your thinking!

I find it intriguing that this GWR chose to just go by their initials for this song. Nella got all the credit... maybe in those days the lyricist didn't get credit for much. :crazy: