Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need help identifying a Hendrix CD. I'm old and don't remember which one it is :crazy:

The Cd is mainly orange. He is standing with his hands in the pockets of what looks like some kind of old military jacket.

I know it's an easy one but I'm brain dead today. More so then normal. Can someone help me out :D

I think it's "Are You Experienced" but I'm not sure and I have to leave for a bit so have no time to look. I'd listen but DH is hear :rolleyes:

The Sayer fire in Sylmar is just a few miles south of my house. The fire is currently burning S/E of me, but the winds have been keeping the smoke away from me. My drive to work this morning was sadly, not too unusual for around here as of late. The orange glow on several mountain tops along my drive on the 5 and 210 freeways, as well as heavy smoke is becoming a frequent feature. The temperature here is expected to be in the 90's again today, but at least the wind is dying down.

THE SYLMAR (SAYER) FIRE HAS WRAPPED AROUND THE MOUNTAIN AND IS NOW BURNING ON MY SIDE. IT IS FAR FROM ME AND BURNING AWAY FROM ME, SO I AM NOT IN DANGER. IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS GOING BACK AROUND INTO THE FOREST. UNFORTUNATELY, IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS EITHER A NEW FIRE IN DIAMOND BAR, OR THE "TRIANGLE" FIRE DOWN IN BREA/YORBA LINDA HAS SPREAD TO THAT AREA. I JUST HAD TO SEND MY RESPONSE UNIT OUT THERE TO ASSIST IN EVACUATIONS.

San Diego is fine, we're under a warning that's all. Bitter Almonds is somewhere a bit south of LA though. Our thoughts are with those to the north. It really is a bad, bad situation.

Marc, I'm sure you and your fellow officers will hear it many times today and in the coming days, but thanks for all that you do in these situations. :bow: :bow:

Edited by Guest

Take care, Marc.

Are the citizens accustomed to the evacuation process? Are some of them reluctant to leave their homes? We have forest fires up north and the evacuees are often brought down to our city until the danger passes. I imagine it is a stressful time for all.

THERE ARE ALWAYS A FEW PEOPLE THAT DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE, EVEN WHEN THERE IS A MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER. THEY KNOW THAT IF THEY LEAVE, THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED BACK IN. PERSONALLY, I THINK I WOULD SPLIT IF I WAS TOLD TO. THERE WAS A MOBIL HOME PARK THAT WAS UTERLY DESTROYED IN MINUTES. OVER 500 HOMES WERE DESTROYED. THE FIRE DEPT WAS IN THE COMPLEX TRYING TO STOP THE FIRE, BUT THEY HAD TOO LEAVE SO QUICKLY THAT THEY HAD TO LEAVE THEIR HOSES BEHIND AND RUN. WHEN THEY CAME BACK, THE HOSES WERE ALL DESTRYED. WILD FIRES MOVE SO QUICKLY AND ARE SO UNPREDICTABLE, THEY ARE SOMETHING YOU DO NOT WANT TO MESS AROUND WITH.

EVACUATING PEOPLE IS HIGHLY STRESSFUL FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED. THERE IS OFTEN NOT TIME FOR OFFICERS TO EXPLAIN A WHOLE LOT TO THE EVACUEES OTHER THAN "GET OUT NOW!" WE DO NOT ARGUE WITH PEOPLE TOO MUCH IF THEY DO NOT WANT TO GO, WE JUST TAKE THEIR NAME AND ADDRESS. WE TELL THEM THAT WE DO THAT NOT TO GET THEM IN TROUBLE, BUT TO HELP IDENTIFY THEM AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN BURNED BEYOND RECOGNITION. THAT OFTEN WORKS.