Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need some nerd help. I can't access the boards on my computer at home. I can get into the main page, but not here. I know it's not that the boards are down, there is just something wrong with my computer. I can access every other page that I can think of except for the boards. What could it be? That seems like a very specific problem and I can't figure it out.

I have another question...Elvy, has everything settled down for you after the storms?

What if you click on a link to the boards? I do it sometimes. I keep a link on an e-mail I sent to myself and it works when I have trouble to access the boards (no problem to access the main page)...

For instance, copy and paste this: http://forum.songfacts.com/showtopic.php?fid/15/tid/141861/pid/306464/post/last/ and send it to your e-mail adress. Then you can access the forum clicking on it.

Edited by Guest

Levis, I would like to reserve the basement for November 9. Well, maybe I will come a few days early. And, I don't want to miss Ghandi's birthday! So, I will extend my stay a few days to take that in as well.

So, that would be November 5-October 4. Please reserve my room!

Deal... but why are we travelling backwards through time?

What if you click on a link to the boards? I do it sometimes. I keep a link on an e-mail I sent to myself and it works when I have trouble to access the boards (no problem to access the main page)...

For instance, copy and paste this: http://forum.songfacts.com/showtopic.php?fid/15/tid/141861/pid/306464/post/last/ and send it to your e-mail adress. Then you can access the forum clicking on it.

Thanks, edna, I'll try that. I tried getting in through the Music of Choice on the main page, but was denied.

No Stairway? Denied! :rockon:

denied.gif

Can you access other websites without any problems?

I can get in everywhere but here. It's like a conspiracy. :crazy:

what is the problem when you try to access the boards?

do you get an error message, or is it simply that it doesn't load?

I get the generic "page won't load - could be DNS error" message. I can't remember exactly what it says, but that's the gist of it.

do you get to the site via a bookmark? if yes then try to type the name in the address bar (if you haven't done that already ;) )

also you could clear the cache (Temporary Internet Files) and your Cookies

also do you have a very strict firewall? or certain Pop-up blockers? it's not very likely that that's the cause, but it could be

maybe I'll think of something else... :crazy:

I can get in everywhere but here. It's like a conspiracy. :crazy:

wow, Peachy... :P that´s the worst of my nightmares... :stars:

If the logic doesn´t seem to work you´ll have to give your computer a warm kiss, hug it, tell it that you love it, that you´ll never get rid of it... and don´t ever call it Hal... ;)

do you get to the site via a bookmark? if yes then try to type the name in the address bar (if you haven't done that already ;) )

also you could clear the cache (Temporary Internet Files) and your Cookies

also do you have a very strict firewall? or certain Pop-up blockers? it's not very likely that that's the cause, but it could be

maybe I'll think of something else... :crazy:

I've tried typing in the address. I've cleared my cookies. (That sounds vaguely dirty to me. :googly:) I don't have a firewall, but I do have a pop-up blocker. I'll fiddle with that when I get home.

Edna, I would never call my beloved machine Hal. Maybe it's turned into Marvin from "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and is just too depressed to function correctly. :laughing:

I have another question...Elvy, has everything settled down for you after the storms?

We all got sick after getting home and settled - two weeks worth of bronchitis that we're still recovering from. But at least we were sick at home with electricity :laughing:

Life is pretty much back to normal. It's good to be home. Thanks for remembering me! kiss.gif

Oh, we go on the 28th for the big ultrasound. I'm hoping for a little girl who isn't bashful...until she exits the womb, that is ;)

I've tried typing in the address. I've cleared my cookies. (That sounds vaguely dirty to me. :googly:) I don't have a firewall, but I do have a pop-up blocker. I'll fiddle with that when I get home.

Edna, I would never call my beloved machine Hal. Maybe it's turned into Marvin from "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and is just too depressed to function correctly. :laughing:

don't forget the cache, that's the most logical solution, imo. In IE it should be under 'Tools' --> 'Internetoptions' or whatever it's called... :P

PS:

Marvin: "I am at a rough estimate thirty billion times more intelligent than you. Let me give you an example. Think of a number, any number."

Zem: "Er, five."

Marvin: "Wrong. You see?"

:bow: :laughing: :bow:

We all got sick after getting home and settled - two weeks worth of bronchitis that we're still recovering from. But at least we were sick at home with electricity :laughing:

Life is pretty much back to normal. It's good to be home. Thanks for remembering me! kiss.gif

Oh, we go on the 28th for the big ultrasound. I'm hoping for a little girl who isn't bashful...until she exits the womb, that is ;)

Elvy, I'm sorry everyone's sick but I'm glad things have gone back to normal. From your frequent posts in the "What are you eating thread", I can tell your kitchen is working just fine. :grin:

And trust me, you don't want a little girl. I'm about to sell mine to the highest bidder. :laughing: