Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i WORKED AT THE rIALTO FOR 5 YEARS (82-87) AND HAVE A LOT OF FOND MEMORIES OF THE PLACE. dAVID LEE rOTH USED TO COME IN THERE FREQUENTLY. i WOULD LET HIM PUT HIS MOUNTAIN BIKE IN THE BACK ROOM WHILE HE WATCHED 3 sTOOGES MOVIES AND EVEN HAD A FEW BEERS WITH HIM ONCE IN OUR "BAR" THAT WE MADE OUT OF THE CIVIL DEFENCE ROOM IN THE BASEMENT. jOHN dOE FROM X AND fR mULCAHEY FROM mASH AND hARRY FROM nIGHT cOURT WOULD COME IN EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE.

I have a question: In Australia, they are planning to treat out sewerage and turn it into drinking etc, water because we have no other alternative, it just doesn't rain here anymore (especially down the Eastern side of Oz).

My question is, does anyone else live in a place where they shower/cook/wash clothes/drink treated water? We heard on the news that London does as well as parts of America and Singapore. True? What are your thoughts?

Small rarely means peaceful or private. Everybody knows everyone else (which sounds like a good thing), but they also know everything you are doing! And if they aren't sure what you're up to at the moment, they will drop by to find out!

At least in the city people don't care about others (so peaceful!!) :grin:

At least in the city people don't care about others (so peaceful!!) :grin:

Yet a bit impersonal and cold ... I know what you mean , for sure , though -hell any visitors or strangers in town are ' news ' and topics of speculation/ local entertainment for weeks ! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence ... :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...

If I want to google something, say "green apple", and want the results I get to have "green apple" in them and not "something something green something something something something apple", what do I do? Is there any way to tell google I want those words in that order and not with other words in between? (something like adding - oder +)

I think + works sometimes...if I search for lyrics by The Who for example and enter "the who lyrics" I'll get all sorts of results, but "+the +who lyrics" gets me what I'm looking for.

I got edna wrong I think, but it works all the same...I take it you meant "green apple"?

green...apple works too. :)

Yeah...a big pop hit in the 70's by a guy named OC Johnson or something like that. He had a few of them. May have been a Jimmy Webb song but don't hold me to that.

It was OC Smith and it was not written by Jimmy Webb.

Now you know more than you ever dared dream of about a song you'll never want to hear.

Edited by Guest
Clarification.