Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

Thanks , Katie ! :thumbsup: No , just a regular start and after that initial 'skreeeech' I have no problems nor hear it again - except today - you see while normally proceeding down the road , on a slight curve , I heard it again very briefly ( thus my suspicion of the power steering belt and/or fluid ) . What I'm wondering is whether this is an urgent problem , or will straighten itself out ( wishful thinking ) - or something that needs to be looked at eventually .

I like to go to the garage giving the mechanics a false sense that I may be on the right track rather than giving them carte-blanche - cheaper that way , usually !

Edited by Guest
Title issues. :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kevin...

it sounds like the fan belt. The squeal when you start the car is because the belt slips, but once the belt has gotten momentum to the wheels its supposed to be turning, it no longer slips (very common in any car). If you heard the squeal every time you turned the steering wheel then you should suspect the power-steering.

Hope this helps :smile:

It is - a Japanese car - a Mazda . I'm fairly sure it's a fan belt , but just thought somebody would nail it . Thanks though , Katie for all your hel , anyway ! You're a doll ! :) *Kiss *

:grin: no worries Kevin. My brother is a mechanic for Ford & Mitsubishi, but they get all cars in there too. My first car was a Daihatsu :grin:

Another question inspired by Batman's 'Bands From Your Home Town' thread: Is anyone else on here NOT from a major city/heavily populated area? Am I the only country girl hanging around these parts? :P

Bands from Goulburn (Population 24,000) = none

Is anyone else on here NOT from a major city/heavily populated area? Am I the only country girl hanging around these parts? :P

I'm a country girl, too, Katie. I live in a small south Georgia town with a population of 11,000.

Tree Rollins (basketball player) is the only cool person from here, besides me, of course.

How can you ladies call those small towns?? I came from a little farming community with a total population of : 162. Thats not in thousands or millions. Its just that. 162. Now thats small! :laughing:

Wow, bet there was nothing to do there when you were growing up, because there was nothing to do here either.

I'm a country girl, too, Katie. I live in a small south Georgia town with a population of 11,000.

Tree Rollins (basketball player) is the only cool person from here, besides me, of course.

Small town here too. About 7,000 give or take. Mostly farmers and rednecks. But I like small town life for sure. We are home of the Shelby Bicycle. For us, a big deal. We even have a festival for it...wooohooo!!

Edited by Guest

As long as we are showing our civic pride.....

This is the small (for CA) town where I grew up and lived most of my life in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Pasadena%2C_California

This is where I am now, and plan to stay:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valencia%2C_Santa_Clarita%2C_California

I grew up in a town with a varying population depending on what side of town you entered from. If you came from the East, the side welcomed you to a town of 2100 people. If you drove in from the West, the town announced its population as 2001.

I like small towns but they are cultural vacuums. It is a give and take. I love the open space, hiking, solitude. I hate the lack of fresh food, health food, museums, dance, culture, other ethnic groups. But, it is a short drive away for me.

A girl I work with and I were just talking about this today! She is moving back to Taiwan and was saying she will miss the solitude a lot.

Wanna know whats really sad?

Theres no site that contains any info on my hometown! I thought we'd be somewhere, but nothing is mentioned of us. I say it's because they don't like french farmers that created the largest milk-center in Manitoba. (We have a 17' concrete cow to prove it!) Our country is oppressing us!! :tongue:

Another question inspired by Batman's 'Bands From Your Home Town' thread: Is anyone else on here NOT from a major city/heavily populated area? Am I the only country girl hanging around these parts? :P

I live in a tiny Villege. In fact, until quite resently our farm house WAS the village!! It only has about twenty houses in it...we have a band though called My Elvis Blackout, they just released a single, and there are a few others from Cornwall, just not from our tiny village!

As long as we are showing our civic pride.....

This is the small (for CA) town where I grew up and lived most of my life in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Pasadena%2C_California

this would be the same town I grew up in and per wiki :

Of note is the historic Rialto Theater in downtown South Pasadena; the theater is a unique blend of Spanish Baroque and Egyptian stylings and was built in 1925. It is one of the last remaining single screen cinemas in the country. The Rialto was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978, having narrowly missed the wrecking ball that year. It has been featured in many films and commercials, most notably Robert Altman's The Player and more recently in Scream .

Marc and I both spent a lot of time here, and I think went to the same junior high scool!