the "burbs"

sadlady

i've just got to tell someone about this =:P dude on our block, it could be a scene taken from the movie, "the burbs."

we've had about an inch of snow so far, mild winter, anyway...my husband and i have been watching the dude across the street. ( he has a real nice double lot.) this guy has been out there for days, with his garden hose, sprinkling his snow, and digging holes. he's got a big mound of dirt behind his garage ...sounds like the klopeck's (sp?) from the movie. what in the heck can he be doing? any imaginative guesses?

Id lock your door if i were you...If the old man down the street comes up missing, or if you start to here a loud rumbling sound coming from his house or basement, and the guy across the street starts eating all your food, then you can worry.

Any other day, its just a guy sprinklin his snow...

Which, sounds a tad bit odder than the Klopecks from The Burbs.

:( our neighborhood is quite disfunctional....i do my garden work at night,aka early morning...how 'bout between 10pm and 3 or 4 am. so who am i to talk. =:P but watering snow and digging up your yard......kinda like outer limits, or twilight zone being filmed live, across the street. :confused: :puppyeyes: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I'm gonna take a shot and say he's planning to lay new sod or sow grass seed next spring , or he may be planning to pave it . To save a little money , he's doing it himself by freezing the surface layer so that it lifts up more easily with a shovel .

Edited by Guest

Likely not fun - but most would say the same about gardening at midnight ! ;) :laughing: ( are you into Wicca or something like that , BTW ? ) . Are these just random diggings or does there seem to be a pattern ( doing sections ) to it ...?

:( i'm not a people person, i try to hide in the dark...i have ISSUES

=:P but it's okay to be me on here, with you guys, cuz we are all invisible. :laughing: :puppyeyes: :puppyeyes: :rockon: :rockon:

Well , there is a time and place for issues - I'm sorry to hear you have them . However , if you want to join a public forum of people who do not share ( nor want to publicly share ) their issues , then you must use some discretion ! Without a doubt , members of SF complain daily or eventually about things that bother them , but nearly all move on ... not selfishly tying down the boards with their own particular issues ... That's the way we play here - it's worked thus far, and I doubt that anyone is willing to give you a special pass .

Without a doubt , you've been deeply hurt by life , but -hey - why not join us in our ' celebration ' of being kicked around in the outside world but still managing to find a way to have a little fun - without being constantly reminded of the pasts that plague us ?

I was very sad once after a big problem and so a friend of mine told me to come to her house and spend the day talking with her and getting things out of my head. Then people started to come to her place and two hours later there was a party. At first I complained, "Hey, I came to a funeral and I found a party!! :beady: ". Then I realised it was the right thing to do and it really helped... :)