What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

so... I'm getting my condo refinanced. It's hell. They want every piece of paper I've collected throughout my life and then some, and they want it all NOW. Anyhow, my broker left the country Wednesday for a vacation. Meanwhile, I was supposed to sign the papers. He had told me any closing costs would be rolled into the loan.

Imagine my surprise when the cohort he left in charge called me yesterday and said, "You do realize that you'll have to bring $2400 with you, right?" Uh, gee, no.

So after some ranting and raving, a little bit of cursing and maybe some tears, a stroke, and a minor breakdown, this morning I got phone calls from 4 separate people apologizing and telling me they're scrambling to make it right, that I won't have to put anything down, that they'll waive fees, etc. whatever they have to do to zero out the fees.

The race is on to pacify Shawna. I win. :grin:

Now I'm stocked up for the next few days... :crazy:

Ray, all you need is a good easy-chair.

"Friends"

Phoebe: I can't believe two cows made the ultimate sacrifice so you guys could watch TV with your feet up.

Chandler: Well, they were chair-shaped cows. They never would have survived in the wild.

Chandler: Pizza's on the way. I told you we wouldn't have to get up.

Joey: What if we have to pee?

Chandler: I'll cancel the sodas.

A store was selling jackets on a discount... winter's coming up, why would coats be on sale?

I believe it's called a "loss leader". They sell the coats at a discount to begin with. Then, when hipster dudes such as yourself are seen around town looking really cool, word gets around and a second-wave of imitators descend upon the shop to buy into your "cool factor". By this time, of course, the price has increased. ;)