What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

Mrs Fitter and I both had the day off work today. After dropping our 3 kids off at school, we went for a 5 mile walk in the countryside, chatted, held hands, had a picnic, etc. On the way back to our part of Leeds, there was a CD compilation that I had made up for her, playing in the car. On hearing the opening of Big Black's "Kerosene", Mrs Fitter reached over and turned the volume UP, and I thought to myself what a lucky fellow I am, to have a bird who hears "Kerosene" and turns the volume UP. I told her how heartwarming that had been.

On getting home, we went and did some errands, then spent some time pottering together in the garden. Then we went to pick up the kids and we walked the longer, more scenic route home.

Even taking my 5 year old for a haircut went swimmingly.

It's just been a really lovely day.

The Greengage (Prunus domestica or the 'Reine Claude') is an edible drupaceous fruit, a cultivar of the plum. It was developed in France from a green-fruited wild plum (Ganerik) originally found in Asia Minor. It is identified by its small, oval shape, smooth-textured flesh, and ranging in colour from green to yellow, grown in temperate areas. They are known for their rich, confectionery flavour that causes them to be considered one of the finest dessert plums.

Mrs Fitter and I both had the day off work today. After dropping our 3 kids off at school, we went for a 5 mile walk in the countryside, chatted, held hands, had a picnic, etc. On the way back to our part of Leeds, there was a CD compilation that I had made up for her, playing in the car. On hearing the opening of Big Black's "Kerosene", Mrs Fitter reached over and turned the volume UP, and I thought to myself what a lucky fellow I am, to have a bird who hears "Kerosene" and turns the volume UP. I told her how heartwarming that had been.

On getting home, we went and did some errands, then spent some time pottering together in the garden. Then we went to pick up the kids and we walked the longer, more scenic route home.

Even taking my 5 year old for a haircut went swimmingly.

It's just been a really lovely day.

I immediately thought of Lou Reed's "Perfect Day."

Good for you and Mrs. Fitter, B-F! :thumbsup: