What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

awesomeness + rubbish sense of humor = guffaws and snorts o'plenty.

:grin:

sweetening my coffee today: unexpectedly receiving $ in the mail! :)

and going out with some friends and family tonight to celebrate my birthday. :grin: It's a couple of days early, but I like to hog the whole weekend and celebrate. I'm selfish like that. :beatnik:

Lotsa folks from school ran off to London. It was weird how on Facebook I could see friends of mine who didn't know each other attending the same events in the same places (i.e. Wimbledon). I would've liked to go to the UK but didn't because a) it was more expensive and B) everyone went there. You can't be evil in a place where your odds of running into someone you know are significantly higher. Also I don't like doing what everyone else does, so I very cleverly said 'right then, I shall head off in the exact opposite direction' and landed up here.

That's what happens to most people somehow. Most o my friends went abroad for their undergrad and now they don't want to come back. There are good reasons to stay back though - the scope opportunities are much broader and the politics is slightly more civilized (if you can use such a terms for politics).

A lot of my friends are going to head back after graduating from their assorted foreign unis. But then, there are just as many who plan to stay on. Depends on where you feel more at home, I guess. I find Melbs to be more on my wavelength than Delhi/India ever was or ever could be.