What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

• 9 months later...

I just won a free Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake from my local radio station WOLD-FM 107.9. They play a really unique blend of music from the 50's to the 80's. WOLD has special shows like their Beatles Show and much more. They also stream online so take a listen. http://www.woldradio.com/index.html If you listen to them from somewhere other than New Jersey send an email to shawn@woldradio.com and tell him Ron from Springfield turned you on to them. He's a good guy trying to build a radio in competition with New York City giants.

As I type this they are playing Elton John's Harmony. They have played the Box Tops, Andy Williams, Santo and Johnny and more this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

I've won a few oddball things via the radio. I once won a "collectors edition" live recording of a David Bowie concert from Nassau Coliseum (1976). It was supposedly for members of the David Bowie fan club, but was really a bootleg,,,and a great one. I also once won the right to have a DJ make any announcement I wanted on New Years Eve over the radio. I remember the friends I greeted because they are still married...many years later. 

Sweet!...the biggest prize I have ever won on a radio station was a Bahama Cruise....It was awesome!....I won tickets to Bruce Springsteen once but found out on the last minute while I was at work...so mad I missed out on that. Now that he is going to be in Rochester again, tickets go for 175 bucks on up....I'd love to see him, but that's crazy that tickets are that much..so I guess again, I won't be seeing him...oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter recently got a job on the Presidential Election Team at NBC TV. She is in engineering and works with cameras, links to technical stuff, you know, TV magic. But she now works amongst the folks in front of the camera too. She rides the elevator with SNL cast members and guests. They had their Christmas Party on the set of SNL last week. Today she will try to sneak in to hear to the band's sound check, practice session today. The band this week is Bruce Springsteen. I suspect we'll be hearing Santa Claus is coming to Town.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter recently got a job on the Presidential Election Team at NBC TV. She is in engineering and works with cameras, links to technical stuff, you know, TV magic. But she now works amongst the folks in front of the camera too. She rides the elevator with SNL cast members and guests. They had their Christmas Party on the set of SNL last week. Today she will try to sneak in to hear to the band's sound check, practice session today. The band this week is Bruce Springsteen. I suspect we'll be hearing Santa Claus is coming to Town.

One more celebrity sighting. My daughter went to open a door yesterday, but someone else opened from the other side and it was Jimmy Fallon. Fun stuff for her.

Kudos to you Jenny.  In today's world we are bombarded with negative news.  It's so easy to become jaded and cynical.  But you are making lemonade out of lemons.  Good for you.  I was laid off work 3 months ago ( atemporary situation, I hope), but after about a month of feeling sorry for myself, I've started exercising more and doingsome volunteer work for local charities.  I certainly feel better now.

• 2 weeks later...

I can relate to that, CanAm, being laid off sucks.  I have found exercise to be a wonderful cure for depression.

Oh, and everyone wish me luck.  I have a job interview today with a small microbiology lab here in the county.  If I get it, some changes will have to be made, but I think it will all work out in the end.

I try, but I live with someone who is a serial complainer and very negative.  Almost everyday, I lose patience early in the morning and then feel like a loser the rest of the day.  So staying positive is actually a struggle, but yes, I try very hard.

I know how you feel, Jenny. Usually, men are quite less positive than women... :(   Hope you get that job!!!    :)