What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

transcribing an interview today, I learned a new word that's really fun and almost musical sounding. :grin:

onomatopoeia

n.

The formation or use of words such as buzz or murmur that imitate the sounds associated with the objects or actions they refer to.

:partytime1: :haveabeer:

transcribing an interview today, I learned a new word that's really fun and almost musical sounding. :grin:

onomatopoeia

n.

The formation or use of words such as buzz or murmur that imitate the sounds associated with the objects or actions they refer to.

:partytime1: :haveabeer:

It's a very common word in French or in Spanish. It's even on the crosswords (I hate crosswords, by the way. But I love the word onomatopée (french) and onomatopeya (spanish)

English is the most rich language in this field.

My daughter comes home from school and said she learned about The Beatles in music class. She tells me "two are alive and two have passed on. One of the dead ones was shot by a guy who went all cray-cray in the head". I was torn between laughing at how she explained it or crying for her using the word "cray-cray".

My daughter comes home from school and said she learned about The Beatles in music class. She tells me "two are alive and two have passed on. One of the dead ones was shot by a guy who went all cray-cray in the head". I was torn between laughing at how she explained it or crying for her using the word "cray-cray".

Reminds me of the srory of a fourth grader who comes home from school and asks her mom, "Did you know that Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings?"

sitting in the bedroom of my parents' house where I grew up, I've got the double doors thrown open to the garden that Mom has nurtured so beautifully, the birds are singing, the only traffic noise seems from far away, the view is gorgeous... it makes working seem like a visit to the park. :)

same old bedroom, same doors thrown open for the gorgeous weather. While I'm sitting here.. working... I see something creep by the door and get up to check it out. It's a weasel! right outside the door! :laughing: Beautiful little thing, fox-red in color with a black tip on its tail. I thought it was a ferret, but it was a weasel. And it popped straight up in the air when it saw me and took off like a shot into the garden.

What a fun random thing to happen. :grin:

nawww... it ran away too fast. I've never seen a weasel before (at least not in the true 4-legged variety), I had to look it up online to identify it, even.

Knowing how cute they are, I will never again degrade them by comparing them with a despicable human being.