What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

Yesterday after work, I lost $500 cash in the parking lot at the grocery store. I didn't realize it until 15 minutes later on my way home. When I returned there, it was still there! I almost lost my rent money and several days worth of hard work. I'm very lucky.

I almost lost my rent money and several days worth of hard work. I'm very lucky.

So I understand your rent money is the equivalent of several days of hard work... Yes, you're very lucky... if you lived in Spain in these years, you would have to work hard for a whole month to earn half of the rent... :P

• 1 month later...

We crossed the border into Michigan last night to do some grocery shopping. Stopped at a Speedway gas station to get some gas before heading home. My son was filling the tank, and I had just come back from paying for the gas. A man approached my son from his beat-to-snot van with a grin. Said to my son, "Hey, I notice your from Canada (license plate). Over here, we have what they call, (looking both ways) African Americans, what do you call them in Canada?". My son, dry as anything looked at him and said, "Canadians".

Never been so proud in all my life. Ever.

Went out to dinner at Applebee's and it was pretty packed, had to wait awhile...So while we were waiting there was this cute little girl around 5 or 6 yrs old singing and dancing and twirling around to the song Dancing Queen...she actually was a pretty good singer...sang it word for word...after she was done she took a little bow...and we all clapped...who knows, maybe she'll be the next future American Idol.... :)

at my writer's group yesterday, one of the writers gave a presentation, about her experiences getting her children's books published.

The title character in the books is a caterpillar named Bruce. My nephew's name is Bruce. He'd think that was the best thing in the world. I followed her to her car to purchase these books for my nephew and she begins to autograph them. She writes, "Bruce, I hope your life is always full of courage." Then she asks me, "How old is your nephew?" I say, "30."

She opens the other two and scribbles her name very quickly, collects my money and runs. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

• 3 weeks later...