What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

I have not had any really good "homemade" gnocchi in years. Of course my Dad made it the best. I ordered it at the Italian restaurant we went to, and it was delish!....served with beans and greens just like my Dad use to make....Sweetened my night....along with a glass of wine... :)

Had a fun night at work tonight...took the residents to an Elvis In The Park free concert...They had such a good time. My guys along with some of the girls from the the other resident houses dancing together and just having a good old time...so carefree and happy and not caring what people think...One of my guys is wheelchair bound...he could not get up and dance so I just moved his chair around to the music....One resident actually had on a white studed jumpsuit on just like Elvis....The Elvis performer was funny...he said "I think I'm being shown up here"....And it's amazing that it was mostly our residents from the agency out there just letting it all hang out...not many of the towns people out there dancing...It was nice seeing our guys having a good time....I love my job and very proud to work for an agency that provides so many opportunities for the developmentally disabled..

Your agency should be proud that they have such a dedicated employee, and I'm sure that your guys appreciate all you do for them Laurie. How very much you love your job shows every time you mention it. They are all very lucky to have you! If I had a family member in need of developmental care I would be happy as a clam knowing that you were caring for them.

I finally got over my Canada Day hangover (omg wotta doozee!)

I was able to open my eyes and listen to my own heartbeat without sobbing. That's the price you pay when you celebrate 4 days and 4 nights. What can I say? I love my country! :grin:

• 2 weeks later...