What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

I'm under pressure of a deadline, have to have this job done by tonight. Lot of hours of transcribing to do, need to be able to HEAR. My better half chose TODAY to have the guys come to cut the holes in the ceiling for the skylights (4 feet from my desk), get the new a/c unit lifted onto the roof via crane (7 feet from my head and just outside the window where my desk is), and the guy with the power hedgetrimmers not 2 feet from my desk just outside the window, spent about an hour trimming those damn hedges.

And I'm listening to this blowhard on the witness stand talk and talk and talk ("Blahblahblahblah blah blahblahblah blahblahblah," "So, that's a yes?" "Oh - Yes.") :doh: :doh:

But what is sweetening my sunshine right now is that I'm done with THAT witness, the hedgetrimmer guy is gone, the a/c is on the roof, it's relatively quiet now finally, and the witness that's on the stand right now is very entertaining.

So I've decided to ignore my foot, which is so swollen I can't even get my sandal on (from dropping a heavy door on it a week ago - still black and blue) and the fact I just pulled a muscle in my back, and just enjoy the story I'm hearing from the new witness, who's very engaging, and I'm getting paid to do it.

It's the little things.

So since the Twins lost to the Orioles, does that mean that the Twins are also worse than a community college team? ;)

...yes. Yes it does.

Fun fact: the last time before this year that both the Red Sox and the Yankees started the season 0-3 was 1966, a world series year for the Orioles. HERE WE COME.

Just kidding. My team's awful. They couldn't hit water if they fell out of a cliche.

I have my own internet that I'm paying for. No more hacking weak wi-fi accounts to steal slow-@ssed internet anymore. Now Big Brother can watch my every move good and proper (and legally) :grin: :shades:

Now I need to get a used computer to start off with (gonna save for a new laptop) :rockon:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...