What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

There are many oldtime SF'ers online now commingling with a fair amount of newer friends. SF's is still one of the best places to hang out on the net. Frankly it's the only place on the net I hang out.

"I don't always hang out on the net, but when I do I prefer Songfacts"

-the most interesting man in the world

...SF's is still one of the best places to hang out on the net...

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I used to hang on here all the time, when I did have time... :shades: I've been working almost full-time for the last three years but I still won't let a single day pass without checking and posting in Songfacts...

I used to hang on here all the time, when I did have time... :shades:

...which is obvious regarding the incredible amount of posts I have (and I still don't forget the 400 and something that were lost when the Big Black Crash took place for almost a week, many years ago... ) :cool:

SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO!!!!

We bought a new vehicle in April and it came with a 3 month free trial of Sirius Satellite Radio. I didn't know much about the service but I thought it would turn out to be much ado about nothing. Boy, was I wrong. We love it. I will never, never, ever go back to AM/FM radio. No more will I have to listen to the drivel that passes for humour on regular radio. No more will I have to endure the same moronic commercials that stations play at the same time each day. No more will I have to listen to the same tired playlists ad nauseum.

Some of my favourite Sirius channels are Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl and Deep Tracks. There really is something for everyone on Sirius. Everything from rap (egad) to Broadway show tunes and everything in between.

Long live Sirius!!!! :guitar:

My new Kindle Fire .... for the price ($199) you can't beat this little gem. :bow: I would bet that Apple and other tablet manufacturer's will take a hit with the release of Amazon's newest offering ... a lot of the same options, less than half the price. It's a baby IPad. ;)

I think the fact that I'm old enough to be practical without technology and gadgets is sweetening my hot chocolate this morning... that and all the marshmallows I put in it.

My dryer crapped out on me last weekend, and here I've got another week's worth of laundry and no dryer. So I grabbed the rope I keep in my car and strung it up through my living room. I'm just hanging the laundry on the line like the old days.

Old fashioned but functional. :)

Wow - do you guys use dryers that much over yonder? We have standing air dryers pretty much all the time (my apartment looks like a laundromat threw up all over it for 2 days after I've done the washing and yes, barstools CAN be used to dry jeans and trousers perfectly with no creases! The radiator is wonderful for socks and underwear, dinigroom chairs for shirts and jumpers and doors are super for towels and bedding.)

But you go girl for handling the situation like a pro :D

My mom lived her whole life without a dryer....She had clothes lines in the back yard. I remember towels smelling so fresh and clean, same with clothes. I do remember my Levis being stiff until I had them on for a while, though. Clothes lasted longer, too, when they are not put in a dryer.

I am back from my month away from everything, and I am feeling great! For those who don't know, I left last month and didn't tell anyone where I was going. No computer, no internet, nothing. Just me and my books. I had my phone, but it was for emergencies only. I ended up going to New York City for a week before leaving for some time in Europe. First stop was the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin. Stayed in Ireland for a few days then hopped over to Scotland to visit the Glenlivet distillery. After a few days in Scotland, I hopped on a plane back to the states and headed to Washington D.C. to hit up the National Air and Space Museum and Library of Congress. My last stop was Detroit to catch a Red Wings game at the Joe before heading home. It was nice to get some time away from everything and just get my S**T together. I am refreshed and ready to take on life.