What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

More tales...

One time at Johnny Carson's house I'm spraying out by the back house and I hear drums a-blazing.

I've never, ever seen anybody there but this time I work my way toward the back window and look in and see Johnny drumming away.

But 10 seconds later he confronts me and asks what I'm doing.

I tell him I'm his bugman and express profuse apologies for intruding on his privacy.

He accepts and goes back to drumming and I finish up sheepishly.

I'm at Mel Torme's house and the maid says go spray the inside of the guest house.

Well, I walk in and Mel's sitting on the bed.

After I tell him who I was, he laments about being banished to the guest house and probably an impending divorce.

I try to console him that life has it's up and downs, blah, blah, blah.

One time I crossed paths and spoke a little with renowned pianist Vladimir Horowitz at his estate out by the garage.

:cool:

great stories....

I need to know more...

With all due respect to Ida Lupino's family...

She was cut in the mold of Joan Crawford or Bette Davis, but also directed and edited behind the camera. She retired around the time I got to do her house. She had a streak of dimentia by then. Leaving trash piled up on the kitchen floor instead of dumping it in the trash cans each night. Well, she called the exterminator(me) to come out and spray the pile. It took numerous vists and I'm sure other visitors to explain that this was unacceptable.

Sometimes we had to hit emergency calls on our way out to our route. Such was the case going to George Cukor's house in the hills above the Whiskey a Go-Go nightclub. I knew he was some famous old time director. He met me out front with some bug problem, but he had this twinkle in his eye that made me a little uneasy. I sprayed what he asked and was on my way...

Eddie Albert had vegetable gardens in the front and back yards. Of course they were off limits to me but I got to meet him and spray around the perimeter. Boy, talk about living on Green Acres.

When O.J. was married to his first wife I got to do his 301 Rockingham residence. At that time he had 2 children. The one time I got to do the inside I walk in the front door and there in the center of the foyer under a big trophy case was the Heisman Trophy. It was beautiful. I never got to meet him and mostly just sprayed outside except for that one time.

more later...

More Info

Just got two tickets to Virgin Mobile Free Fest!!!

Featuring such great bands as: The Black Keys, Cee-Lo Green, Deadmau5, Two Door Cinema Club, TV On The Radio, James Murphy, Cut Copy, Big Sean, Patti Smith, Okkervil River, Empire Of The Sun, Calvin Harris, !!!, Ghostland Observatory, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Porter Robinson, Eclectic Method, Bombay Bicycle Club, Alberta Cross and Teddybears.

So psyched!

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a call from an old friend who I haven't heard form in ages. He got all strung out on drugs and dropped off the face of the Earth. He'd been in and out of jail for the past five years and we all pretty much thought we'd never see him again. It seems he's been in rehab for the last year or so and he's gotten himself cleaned up, getting married, and has his life back on track. I hope it lasts, cause I've lost enough friends.

Oldest daughter informs me she's getting a tattoo..which I'm not too crazy about, but oh well..then she says "I want a meaningful quote from a song...Beatles and Dylan have meaningful lyrics, maybe I'll use one of their songs"....yep, that sweetened my coffee.... :)

Oldest daughter informs me she's getting a tattoo..which I'm not too crazy about, but oh well..then she says "I want a meaningful quote from a song...Beatles and Dylan have meaningful lyrics, maybe I'll use one of their songs"....yep, that sweetened my coffee.... :)

"ob-la-di, ob-la-da"! :rockon:

:jester: