What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

Attended The Safety Council Awards dinner tonight with a co-worker...when we got there the reserved table for our agency was full...so we looked all around for open seats...then somebody yells out "there's room for you girls at our table"...and it was a table full of state troopers....but that's okay...they were good lookin' and we got served first, and had all the coffee refills and doughnuts that we wanted...LOL...

• 2 weeks later...

I left the office at noon today because I'm heading to New York City to watch the Mets game. I get out of the office and it's 82 degrees, the warmest day of the year so far...I get in my car and the radio is already cranked, then I hear of first notes of "Fool For The City" by Foghat...and yes, I am a fool for the city.

I had a most enjoyable ride home...now off to the city.

A local Classic Rock station in my area has a birthday bash every year and they hire a well-known Classic Rock band to headline the event.

This year is their 31st birthday bash and I won tickets this morning to attend it this thursday night.

The band they have headlining the event this year is Mountain. :rockon:

Winning the tickets was sweet enough, but when I went to the studio to pick them up this afternoon, they also gave me tickets to see a special acoustic live performance of Leslie West and his band in the theater they have at the radio station early Thursday afternoon before the bash.

Sweeeeeeeet! :)

Being in the UK with my boy and my man makes me very happy. Even though he hasn't got holiday atm and I'm just kinda hanging around the house with him, it's still great to be here and have time together with them :)

My coffee was sweetened just reading your post of quiet confidentiality and comforting confinment, E.A.

Thanks, dear S2V :) It's been a while since I've said anything here (mostly due to moving countries again...) but it is nice to be remembered and spending time here is lightening my spirit once more and really making me treasure the moments together with them. I hope you are well too!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a Russian caller at work asking for help with his FAFSA application . . .

It went something like this:

"Aye dunt oondur-stund thee qwesh-tun . . . Aye em noot nay-tev Anglesh spe-kar . ."

Really? I had no idea . . . you nailed the accent.

Anywho, it always makes me laugh when immigrants have to explain five times that they are not native English speakers.

The Dark Tower series by Steven King. I started the first book in Afghanistan, but nobody had the second so I was forced to wait until we got back, and since then I've fallen in love with Roland of Gilead and his quest to find the Tower. I'm currently on the second chapter of The Wastelands.

I guess I need to take a second go at the Dark Tower series. I tried to read that years and years ago and could not get into it. I don't even think I finished the first book. But since then, there's been a lot said and it's mostly good.

Sweetening my coffee today... talking to my mom. :)

I guess I need to take a second go at the Dark Tower series. I tried to read that years and years ago and could not get into it. I don't even think I finished the first book. But since then, there's been a lot said and it's mostly good.

Sweetening my coffee today... talking to my mom. :)

I'll admit, the first book isn't all that great, mostly due to the fact that King uses that book to practically foreshadow the entire rest of the series. After that, however, it's quite captivating.

Also, before this book series, I used sugar to sweeten my coffee.

it's gorgeous here, at least 15 degrees cooler than it has been, which means in the 80s - perfect for me.

I have awakened the past 3 mornings to PTs full of English slang (which I requested for research purposes) and it has begun my mornings with laughter and smiles. :grin: :grin:

I would be happy to share the weather with you, sister! You just need to come down here... I haven't found a way to put it in a jar yet. ;)

My favorite slang phrases are the naughty ones, so I couldn't share those here because they would be understood. :grin: But when my book is complete, you can read it and see them all. :)

Yesterday it was 69 and sunny, today it's gray, raining and freezing ass cold. Last night on the news they said summer is right around the corner. It is to laugh... I'll believe it when and if I see it. AZ is starting to sounding really good to me. I think I'm starting to mold :(