What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

Had a Griswold "Christmas Vacation" day today. :laughing: :laughing:

Went on a drive 2 1/2 hours up the mountain and into the forest today - in my car, which is NOT 4-wheel drive - and it was icy with lots and lots and lots of nasty brown slippery slushy MUD (please note: my car is/was white). Trekked into the forest on foot to hack down a tree. After a prolonged search for the vehicle (mostly white against the snow) during which my eyeballs froze, Jeff ties the tree to the roof of my car.

After an even longer trek slip-sliding all over the frozen unpaved road in my poor non-mountaineering car (Jeff asks, "What are you doing?" I say, "Donuts.") we finally hit the highway.

After getting back into town and getting almost home, I glance in the sideview mirror and see what appears to be a branch of the tree hanging off the side. Bear in mind we're still on the freeway, cruising speed of 65. I ask Jeff to look in his sideview mirror and can he see the tree? No. "But don't worry, it's secure. It's not going anywhere."

About 5 miles later and we're home. I get out of the car and stand up and run my head smack into the trunk of the tree, which is now sideways on the top of the car, trunk sticking out about 2 1/2 - 3 feet off the driver side.

Jeff's only comment: "I guess it did slip a little bit."

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

On a side note: my car is no longer recognizable as formerly white.