What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

I also like Ice's other life lesson "Yo. Drop the zero and get with the hero."

Kari sparkles my sparking water for working hard at being a mom, wife, student, worker at her job, all around bad ass kitten and hetero life partner to me, and after all that hard work, she still has time to watch TV and discuss our shows with me.

Get a call yesterday from Sirius/XM. Almost didn't answer because I thought they were going to try and sell me something.

It was a producer. Want to have me on to talk about songs. Pretty cool, right? National audience with satellites and all. So, what channel is this for? Hits 1? The Blend? The Loft? Ooooh - Octane? Nope, it's for The Catholic Channel.

This morning, I do the show and have a wonderful 30 minute segment - no commercials on satellite - with the host Gus Lloyd. We talked about Crystal Blue Persuasion and what's up with Sean Hannity using Independence Day when it's about a little girl who burns her house down and a bunch of other really interesting songs.

Gus was very knowledgeable and relentlessly positive, which was an effervescent way to start the day. And I'm glad Shawna interviewed Tommy James and Gretchen Peters so I could talk about those songs.

I just won a game of Risk against my friend. We have been playing for three and a half days (stopping only to eat and go to the bathroom). Now, he owes me a bottle of Glenlivet . . . no less than 18 years of age, of course.

I dominated the world of Risk once, but it took me like 5 days.

But then again, I did take breaks.