What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

The variety of birds I've had around my house this year is amazing.

Yesterday morning DH came hurrying in to make sure I got to see a huge Red Headed Woodpeaker right out side my kitchen window. It was as big as a crow. We don't see the big ones like that very often at all.

This morn he came in to show me where a Crane was sitting in the very top of a ceder tree. We see Cranes all the time just not around our house.

I have started keeping track of the different varieties of birds coming by this year and there must be over fifty different kinds.

We generally don't get so many different kinds around here. We've also been seeing a lot of Bald Eagles :D

Finally got my defensive driving course out of the way, it took me 10 consecutive hours to study up on it.

After completing the final test, my computer froze when I plugged in the printer and I had to reboot, almost losing the entire process (and having to appear in court and pay a $300 in additional fines, but I think I got it worked out)

Besides the fact that Rayzor and the missing Kevin are back, what is sweetening my coffee today is that my DH's PC is linked into our big screen TV and I'm watching my YouTube playlists on it :D

It's been hooked up that way for a long time, silly me just didn't think of using it :doh:

Me and Kevin came back at the same time cuz this site is on our migration route! :tongue:

As Canadians we're just trying to make the place "cooler" :grin:

Watch out Lea: don't get Hasselhoff in a speedo tattooed on yer retinas! (I know thats what you watch on the internet!) :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I found an old video camera from the summer before my Freshman year of high school. It was full of great memories with my friends who have all left this world. It was great to see them smiling and laughing again. Some of the best moments of my life are on those tapes, and I'm glad I found them before they were lost forever! Definitely made my night!

Meeting people that are filthy rich is usually impressive to me, just because I might learn something from them...might. When you hear them and they are genuinely good people with a good message...even better. Well, I found myself in a conference room in New York City yesterday with Mayor Mike Bloomberg and Henry Bloch (yes "H") founder of H&R Block. Both men spoke and I was duly impressed.

Any good tips come out of that Ron?

The MOG app announced today made me happy:

http://mashable.com/2010/07/20/mog-iphone-app/

We're part of the MOG network, and they do some interesting stuff. I'll take this for a spin, but it looks like you can play any song anywhere from your phone. Almost too easy.

Here's our MOG page:

http://mog.com/blog_posts/content/3499

The discussion was about philantrophy specifically about giving back to universities and colleges. Mayor Bloomberg is in the same camp as Warren Buffett when it comes to giving away money....give it all away if you have it. His line was " Give it all away during your life and bounce the check to the undertaker". He promised his daughters wouldn't become destitute.

The MOG app announced today made me happy:

http://mashable.com/2010/07/20/mog-iphone-app/

We're part of the MOG network, and they do some interesting stuff. I'll take this for a spin, but it looks like you can play any song anywhere from your phone. Almost too easy.

Here's our MOG page:

http://mog.com/blog_posts/content/3499

BTW MOG page looks great.

Only five days... and then I'll be almost free for a whole month...

I will be a housewife, a good friend meeting people from other countries, taking them to museums or bars, making dinners at home and other funny things that people with no means to go to the beach can do while staying home during the summer vacation...