What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

'sup, 'Zart :thumbsup:

My coffee's been sweetened because I learned last night that my non-English speech is more Urdu than Hindi, which is GREAT! because as you all (should) know, I like Urdu much, much more than Hindi I think it is a beautiful language with all its 'kh's and 'gh's and 'z's.

Like I've always said, "If you ain't talkin' Urdu; you're talkin' jive."

-----------------

I feel especially blessed to have had it reinforced to me today that I am the ONLY person in my household to have the mechanical genius that gives me the wherewithall to compress the spring in the center of the toilet paper holder cylinder with sufficient force to allow it to be released from its concave restraints, which offers the opportunity to thread a fresh roll of paper onto the device and successfully remount the apparatus.

:D Be proud, me.

Edited by Guest
perhaps this should be a "gear grinder" but I am trying to maintain a positive attitude :-)

I'm impressed, by both your talent and your positivity. ;) Our spring is incredibly spring-y. If you don't hold it tightly and carefully together, one end of it has flown across the room and invariably out of reach. Very annoying. :P

I feel especially blessed to have had it reinforced to me today that I am the ONLY person in my household to have the mechanical genius that gives me the wherewithall to compress the spring in the center of the toilet paper holder cylinder with sufficient force to allow it to be released from its concave restraints, which offers the opportunity to thread a fresh roll of paper onto the device and successfully remount the apparatus.

Yes, of course. But the important thing is: over or under?

I once read somewhere that 75% (who does these surveys?) of homemakers prefer the "papel higenico" to cascade over the top of the roll toward the front. Something about less fumbling, in time of need.

Nah, under is better... :grin:

I just remember reading in a Rolling Stone interview with the Eagles, Glen Frey saying he always thought it should go over, or else how would all the pretty little decorative flowers show up? :grin:

That is exactly right. Remember when toilet paper was printed with little teddy bears, etc? If you go under, they are standing on their little heads. When my kids were little we were an under family though. It's easier for a little one to unroll the whole thing onto the floor if it's over. ;)