Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... it's my Birthday today.

How comes you didn´t tell us about it, Lea? Where´s your birthday cake by your avatar?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEA!!!

bdani2wl2.gif

Shawna, I often act as if I was 15 too... last time I did I can´t tell what happened, as this is a family site :grin: but the time before I was playing football with the cat, I fell on the floor and broke my wrist. :grin:

Last weekend I tried to pretend I was 15 again, went down a snowy hill in an innertube, hit a ditch - and a hidden wooden toboggan - knocked myself out, tore up my head, my shoulder, and my back... and I'm still paying for it.

But damn it was a fun 7 seconds! :laughing: :laughing:

Ah, memories...I took the kids sledding when they were very young. They used those round plastic disks to go down hill. I believe those disks are meant for 80 pounds kids and NOT for full-grown men. Although that logical part of me that seldom surfaces was saying, "Ron, that hill is too steep for you and your fat *ss to go down on a thin piece of plastic"....the part of me that usually wins these internal discussions said, "Go ahead, take a ride, it will be fun...what could happen?"

Well, what happened was I didn't know there was a large rock under the snow right where the hill ended. With all the fury of Mother Nature's gravity, I tore down this hill, sitting on the disk......%&^^$#@**&^%&^$##@#$%%....blinding white pain as my coccyx made a direct hit on the rock with no room to brake....

Now, as a child I was a prolific daredevil on my flexible flyer. Many injuries occured that I laughed off. I almost killed myself by running headfirst into a set of bleachers at the bottom of an ice hill (my hand buffered the blow), I slid into moving traffic, I crashed through several fences, I flew off many times after hitting bumps, etc....but never did I experience the pain that I was now suffering.

I lay there at the bottom of the hill; my little children thinking Dad was being funny as he lay in the snow. A friend of mine at the top of the hill yelled down and asked if I was alright. "No" was the answer.

I fractured my coccyx and by the way, besides pain killers, there is nothing you can do about it. Getting into my car was agony for a month, then only brutally painful for another month. There was no good position to sit, stand or sleep. Other than that, it was fine.

I still ride by that innocent little hill almost everyday and feel a slight twinge of pain at the sight.

Thanks you guys :grin: I had a pretty good day except I had to work. Friday is my last day there so it didn't depress me. Two more days and I'm gone :thumbsup:

I have one part time job I train for tonight and another in the works and if I get both it will be perfect for me. I wasn't going to go back to work but I know I'd just get bored again and this came up so I decided I should take it.

Edna, I'm so sorry about your flu. I get a flu shot every year because last time I got it (almost 20 years ago now)I almost died. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and still haven't quite recovered from it. Never regained all the weight I lost and am not as strong as I was then. I very rarely get sick never really have but that was a very bad year for me.

I hope you get better soon edna.

Ry, I know this sounds naive but is a coccyx what I think it is? If so :shocked: :(

Official definition:

A small triangular bone forming the lower extremity of the spinal column in humans, consisting of four ankylosed rudimentary vertebrae.

Peaches' definition:

Booty bone.

So Lea, you do have one...it's that last little bone on the end of the spine that proves we once had tails. I ended up breaking my tail.