What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have such extreme heat here, and stooooopid people go hiking in the heat with no water, get overheated, pass out or get heat exhaustion. That's why, I think, the state began charging them for rescues. If they've got to come save your a** then you pay big bucks. :beatnik:

The price of gas is grinding me currently. They've got us at a buck-fourty a litre. That is 'bout 5.31 a gallon. Equates to 90 bucks or better for a fill-up on my Pontiac Montana. We are bouncing around the idea of fuel surcharges at work, and the customers are gonna flip-out. It's almost like our government is trying to shut down the economy. If they can send a satellite to Mars and have it beaming pictures back in 20 minutes, they sure as hell can make a car run on something other than gas. And the price climbs, in most cases, overnight. I don't know what the situation is where you guys are, but the price comes down, slowly, bit by bit, you see the price at, say, a buck thirty two on your way home, then overnight, *sproiiiing*, a buck forty seven the next morning. And each jump is a wee bit higher than last. And everyone does that hands apart, wide-eyed 'it's not our fault, it's the other guy's fault' explanation. Yeah? Well it's someone's damn fault. And the government's profit increases with each price hop. There HAS to be some guy in some revenue office in Ottawa saying "Jeezus Christ lookit the money roll in!".

The price of gas is grinding me currently. They've got us at a buck-fourty a litre. That is 'bout 5.31 a gallon. Equates to 90 bucks or better for a fill-up on my Pontiac Montana. We are bouncing around the idea of fuel surcharges at work, and the customers are gonna flip-out. It's almost like our government is trying to shut down the economy. If they can send a satellite to Mars and have it beaming pictures back in 20 minutes, they sure as hell can make a car run on something other than gas. And the price climbs, in most cases, overnight. I don't know what the situation is where you guys are, but the price comes down, slowly, bit by bit, you see the price at, say, a buck thirty two on your way home, then overnight, *sproiiiing*, a buck forty seven the next morning. And each jump is a wee bit higher than last. And everyone does that hands apart, wide-eyed 'it's not our fault, it's the other guy's fault' explanation. Yeah? Well it's someone's damn fault. And the government's profit increases with each price hop. There HAS to be some guy in some revenue office in Ottawa saying "Jeezus Christ lookit the money roll in!".

... and you can just bet he lives in Calgary ! :beady: :laughing:

Oh , no - I'm using the Basque variation which allows for 'Bas' -( bad /poor etc. ) and 'tard' which is ancient Icelandic for ' have a nice day - if you can, but not bloody likely in this climate , eh ? ! ' ...

Hey ! Full frontal nudity in 'What Sweetens Your Coffee ' ... :o